Currently in a nuthouse :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

So I took x amount of pills and wrote about it on a website and someone called the cops on me and now I am here at Alpha Hospital Woking. This place is horrible.
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

i dont think many ppl like hospital.. 4 whatever reason they r there.. i know i hate them..
    at least ur in a safe enviroment now.. where u can get some help..
    i havent had gr8 experiences of hospitals.. but i really hope u stay there and get as well as u can..
    sending u a :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are not happy being in hospital I hope you are able to get the help you need there though. TAlK with the staff if they are approachable let them know why you were so sad see if they can give you the skills you need to survive a bit in the outside. I hope you get well soon but take advantage of the help okay let us know how you are doing.
  4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't find pysch wards horrible, but they are most definitely boring.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i agree with boring. use your time to get some help. make the best out of the situation.
  6. siberianhusky6315

siberianhusky6315 Well-Known Member

i belong in the nuthouse...:sad:
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yikes, sorry to hear that. :sad: At least maybe you can get some help there? They won't hold you forever. Like other people have said, make the most of your time there.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad you're still with us hun :hug:

Get well soon,make the most of your hospital stay :)
  9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

how'd you get on SF at the hospital?
    Yeah the first two times I went it was fine but I've been there three and the third time I hated it. We never got the internet though :unsure:
  10. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

yikes well it shows that someone was worried about you...I hope you make the best of your stay there...I know my mom with her schizophrenia she hated going to the hospital...I personally wouldnt want to go there, I'm used to my things, my food and all...

hope you feel better
  11. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

education class.
  12. charmane

charmane Well-Known Member

Take care. My son attempted last Fall up at school and he drove himself to the emergency dept. of a hospital at least an hour away. He thought they would just treat him for the bad fall he took where he hit his head. They ran some tests and it seemed like a normal ER visit to him. While we were visiting with him, two cops showed up and the whole thing started to blow up. The social worker came in and told him that by law he needs to be observed in the behavioral medicine ward for at least 48 hours. (Here they do this even if it's just a credible threat). They suggested he sign himself in - he is 23 so we had nothing to with it.

He was there for almost a week. He has such terrible stories that it sounds like a Hollywood movie (One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest comes to mind). We visited him every day but could only come once a day. He could only use the hall phone once a day. He begged and begged us to go to court or do anything to get him out of there. Again, he is 23 so it all would have to be legal. We wanted him to get treatment as we didn't know what to do about the situation but I could tell he got way more than he bargained for.

He said he had nothing to do but walk the halls - he usually paces even when home. He was terrified of his roomate and they wouldn't move him - so he couldn't sleep at all. He found no comfort and he really wouldn't cooperate with staff at all. He was tested and as we already knew he has a 156> IQ. His doctor seemed more interested in using him as a case study then in helping him as an individual.

I would suggest that you make the most of your situation. Try to find help when it is offered and maybe youi can have a short but fruitful stay. I'm still not sure if all his stories are true but since he returned he hasn't been able to sleep and he says he will never get over being in that place. He holds us responsible even though he put himself in that situation.

I hope you are staying somewhere that has some innovative or new ideas on how to treat people with your problem. His big compaint is that they all got lumped in together and he was treated the same as people who were very low-functioning or completely zoned out. Hope you have a good team who are there to really help you get better.
  13. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I hate hospitals because I keep thinking about how many people have died in the environment around me... and it really freaks me out.
    Psych wards are too quiet and way boring... especially when they don't let you watch normal shows on television that you would regularly watch. -___-

I was always allowed to use my laptop at the hospital; so internet wasn't a problem for me.

Take care of yourself and try to relax as much as you can while you're recovering.
    Think positively, okay? You won't be able to get better unless you want to get better
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.