currently living in home with abusive sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

undercoverlover

both dead and alive until somebody opens the box
the abuse with my sister has gotten worse, she doesn't move out for another month or two. i know thats not a long time but its starting to get unbearable. she's hit me before when we were little and i wouldnt be surprised if she did it again, too. i need a way to protect myself. im not in any danger of harming myself, but i need to protect myself from my sister. shes manipulating me, gaslighting me, and saying really awful things to me. then she goes and twists my words to her friends to make me seem like the abuser. i need a way to protect myself from this. any advice would be great.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear how your sister is treating you. Sorry you have to live with her. I have a sister I do not get along with, thank goodness we don't live together there would be WW3. What is gaslighting? that you referred to? The best advice I can give you is to ignore her, that may seem like a huge thing to do but the more you let her know it gets to you the worse she will become, if ye do not get along, don't talk. Try and spend time outside of the home doing other things that interest you. We can choose our friends but not our family unfortunately. How old are you and how old is she?

Thankfully it will only be another month or two since ye are living separately. Do not let her win, don't let her get inside your mind and focus on other things! Good luck :)

undercoverlover

both dead and alive until somebody opens the box
thanks! ive been trying to ignore her, but it hurts because i miss when we were friends. and gaslighting is when a person is presented with false information to the point where they question their own sanity (ie, the abuser constantly tells them things that happened that arent true). my sister is 20 and i am 16.
and thank you! i will not let her win. i look forward to when she moves out.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yo go girl, no letting her win, she she gets bored and does the same to them, they will soon find out for themselves. She sounds so mean, i have a 16 year old sister whom i live with also and she's one of my best friends... :hugs: you can get through this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00