Cut arm really deep

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hanging by a thread, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

I've had the unrge all day to cut really deep and when I got home just had to do it . So ashamed and it's bleeding really bad xx

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry to hear what you have done. Please go and seek medical advice ASAP. Do not feel ashamed as I can understand it helped relief the pain your are suffering. Self-harming does NOT help the emotions and feelings you are going through. Please do not feel low but keep posting here to get the support you need. Please take care and please post to say you have sorted out the cut.

3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Following from SF's Complete First Aid Guide:

It is important to stop the bleeding. Although some people SI for the sight of the blood, too much blood loss can be dangerous and so it should be stopped as soon possible. To stop the bleeding take the following steps...

Apply pressure directly onto where the blood is coming from.

Place a clean cloth folded up over the wound continuing to apply direct pressure.

If blood soaks through the cloth do not remove it, but add another cloth on top of it.

Continue to apply pressure for 7-10 minutes.

Elevate the injury so that it is above heart level, whilst still applying pressure.

If steps 1 and 2 do not work then apply pressure to the pressure points nearest the injury.

Arm: it is located on the upper part of the arm.

Leg: it is located in the creases in the upper leg.

Apply pressure to the artery between the bone directly behind it and your finger (or the palm of your hand if it is on the leg).

:freehug:

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. what did you cut yourself with? listen to Twocky please.

5. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

I went to get stitches in the morning so it's now sorted. I literally can not remember even posting this. Got a diagnosis of disassociation identity disorder with my borderline personality disorder now so at least things are starting to make sense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.