cut for the first time in months

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by anarulesmenow, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

i last cut on the 21st of september last year and just cut for the first time since.I still have really deep scars from last year and i just keep wanting to cut and cut and cut so damn bad.i feel so ashamed too

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You have nothing to be ashamed off. To not cut from September until now is extremely good if not excellent. You should give yourself a pat on the back for lasting soo long.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I agree. You have made a huge achievement by going so long without it, and you should be proud of that. What you did wasn't the greatest things to do, but equally, it's not the end of the world and doesn't take away from what you achieved. Maybe try to acknowledge that it wasn't a great idea, but also try not to beat yourself up for it because that will make you feel worse, thus potentially leading you to doing it again (if things like shame are a trigger for you).

Slip ups are a common part of recovery, and it's up to you whether you see it as a slip up, or as returning to self harm.

Do you want to talk about why you did it? Did anything trigger you?

4. anarulesmenow

thanks its just that its been so long since I cut and I have been battling with myself not to do it and the urges kinda stopped being so frequent and I felt pretty good about it but then I cut again.I was really worried about somebody that I care about a lot I just feel like ive let myself down now

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You have nothing to be ashamed of!! The fact that you went so long without cutting is a huge accomplishment, one that you should be proud of.

Is there something that triggered you into cutting? Do any distraction techniques help take your mind off it?

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can imagine that your disappointed in yourself for going soo long with out cutting and then all of a sudden you cut. But like what has been said before, you have nothing to be ashamed of nor should you be disappointed.
    What you have proven is that you can go very long periods without cutting.

7. anarulesmenow

yeah i was triggered by something but i havnt cut since so hopefully i can keep it up

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You shouldn't feel ashamed :hug: Just try and get back on track!

9. kmjohnson7

kmjohnson7 Member

I think that it's great that you haven't cut since. I think that shows that it was a slip up and you're still able to be cut-free. Keep up the good work and try distractions if something comes up. Good luck with it! :biggrin:

10. anarulesmenow

yeah i havnt cut since thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.