cut last night

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i cut last night after 2 weeks without doing it and it felt good. I still don't understand it all, but it feels so good. my friend saw it today and he asked what happened and i just said i didn't want to talk about it, but the truth is i did, i was just scared. I need to talk about it, i need to stop, i need to die. that's what i need to do. too much stuff on my mind, i think i'm gonna cut more and more, this isn't what i need right now :nerves:
  2. xestrangedx

xestrangedx Member

First well one for not cutting for 2 weeks but we do all slip sometimes. I have many times before. Set your self a target that is real to you. I know it might be hard to talk about soemthign so personal, but your friend offered to listen. He was concerned. Its ok to let him in. Do you trust him? Do you feel easy talking to him? Take it a stage at a time. Does he already know that you cut or will it be new infomation? Either way just describe it the best you can. You dont need to be great with words. You could write it oout in a letter or e-mail (i wouldnt say that was best though incase it gets sent to someone else by accident.) Its sometimes easily to write words down than talking face to face. Whatever you feel is easiest. You DONT need to die. You need help, we all do sometimes. Maybe once you let your friend in, he can be there hopefully to support you all the way. Even to professional help? You could show him this little topic too if you dont know what to say. If he is a good friend, he WONT judge you but support you all the way.
    Ypu have a lot on your mind right now, but talking about it one at a time can help. If you feel you ould like to, message me. We can just about one thing if you like - anything you like. Im here to listen not judge.

I wish you luck and im here if you ever need me.
  3. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

i really understand... it is addictive.. and the pain... blood is so much easier to feel .. and accept cus at least it is honest... i have been cutting for weeks now .. i too need to stop .. but in an odd way it is like cutting is the only honesty in my life..

it is always there for me and never lets me down...

that said .. please get help.. you are young and have a chance to escape this crap.. you have a chance to mend fences.. or just screw them and find ppl who love you for you and just start over.. you will in time move out on your own and you will have the power of life.. choice.. and rebirth...

i wish you great successes... you deserve them...
  4. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

It does feel good. I cut today for the first time in months. It's like a drug, there is no doubt about that. It's got the rush and withdraw symptoms. You feel like you need it. Many times you feel as if there is no other choice. Ie.: It's honesty and it never lets me down. I know what your thinking....
    "but it feels so good, just once more won't matter"
    It does matter. There are much safer ways to deal with our emotions. Unfortunatly there is no easy way out. I've got a supportive wife and a therapist, and a psychatrist. All that and I'm still cutting.
    I wish you the best of luck trying to find a better way to express yourself. I would try the letter thing, only a little different. I find it helps me to write a letter as if I was going to give it to a friend. Be sure to include some small goals of what you wish could happen. Even if it's a goal like, "I wish I could be happy just for a few hours". Then take the letter and put it in your pocket. A few hours later, read it to yourself again. By doing this I find that it encourages me to do good, to try and reach those little goals. Or to cut less, Or smile...whatever it is that you need. Hope this helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.