Cut too deep..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

As the title says, I cut too deep. It took a while to start bleeding for some reason and I can't get it to close. What does anybody use when they cut too deep? I don't want to go to the hospital.
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've never cut myself... except with sharp words, but firstly I'd disinfect it like mad with hydrogen peroxide, put something on it, an antiseptic gel or ointment, and hold the edges together with big bandaids or bandages. I'm not a medical person so my advice may not be right, but that's what I'd do just from my common sense... and having had little kids in the house.

And depending on how bad it is, you may HAVE to go to the hospital or at least a doctor, for your own health's sake.
  3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Will steri-strips hold it closed?

If they won't then you really should get it stitched if you can. Where on your body is the cut? Has the bleeding stopped completely?

Reply and let me know you're okay, :hug:.
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I dunno, if you think you have cut too deep, very much likely you may have to get some professional medical attention. I never cut, have no experience with it, but if you think you cut too deep, then you most likely need to get some professional medical attention okay?
  5. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Like ~Nobody~ said, try and close it with steri strips. Make sure it's clean, obviously...but if it's clean and dry, the steri strips will be more likely to hold it closed. If it really won't close, I'd go and get it stitched. It really isn't worth risking getting it infected. Hope you're ok.

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I ended up cleaning it and putting steri strips on it. I'm optimistic that this'll work as I've done it before. I've had stitches once but that cut seemed a lot deeper. It's just quite sickening when you realise you've gone too deep.

Anyway, thanks again :hug:
  7. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Glad you're ok, Ruby :hug:
  8. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Please take care of yourself, Ruby. We want you to feel better. I hope that cut heals quickly.
  9. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Glad you're okay. PLEASE be careful, alright? :cool:
  10. blade

blade Well-Known Member

i did that last night, i cut deep. really deep. i was bleeding like a red river running somewhere, not knowing where but somewhere.
  11. blade

blade Well-Known Member

sorry hun. take care. maybe try meditating. it works for me sometimes. it relaxes ur body. be care full.

love u.

sorry once again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.