Cut

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DayOn, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DayOn

DayOn Active Member

I think the razor is the worst tool for cutting. It causes a lot of pain but doesn't produce much blood. <mod edit: Robin - Methods> I guess some people who cut to feel pain would use razors but the sight of blood seeping out of cuts is the real reward.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2007
  2. numberman

numberman Well-Known Member

Never having even considered it,I can see no benefit at all in this cutting "game".At best you could be left with ugly scars and at worst,well we all know the answer to that

In what way is seeing your own blood a reward, a reward for what?

Why do you cut?

3. DayOn

DayOn Active Member

Imagine filling a water balloon with water. You keep filling it up and any moment now it's going to burst. But if you make tiny holes, not enough to pop it but enough to let some water trickle out little by little, the balloon won't ever pop but get the water out of its system, even when more water is added. Yeah I know it's not the best of analogies but I can't think of anything else.

Seeing blood is like seeing everything that I despise about myself coming out, all the hatred and rage comes out. Those emotions are replaced with a cold satisfaction, and I feel as if I have accomplished something. I don't think of anything else but focus on the moment- the pain and the smell and taste of coppery blood.

But besides all that, I do it cause I have nothing better to do. It's a pastime. Certainly not for everyone but if it helps people then I don't see any problem in it.

4. bluekitten982

bluekitten982 New Member

Have you ever thought about expressing your feeling in other ways other than cutting yourself?

I guess I'm a little scared of that idea. When I'm depressed I like to paint/draw I find it releases some of the anxieties that im feeling. If that doesnt help I write, poems, short stories or just write, to vent out what I'm feeling.

I don't think it's healthy to cut, no matter how difficult a situation may be. I guess what keeps me form doing this is the thought that other people have it worse than I do. You shouldn't cut yourself. I'm sure there are people out there that would worry about you if something bad happened.

5. numberman

numberman Well-Known Member

To DayOn's second post, your comment "if it helps people then I don't see any problem in it" send shivers down my spine.
    In what way does self-mutilation help anyone? I most certainly ( as does Bluekitten) DO see a problem in it and would urge you to stop,now

As importantly,your comment that it is "a pastime" tells a thousand stories.

Tell us why you do it, what has happened in your life to make self-harming , in your terms,worthwhile

I have been to the dark side of my mind many times but battle on without any thought of self-cutting .So can you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.