cutters...CYA!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dark anthems, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark anthems

dark anthems Member

I just got put on "administrative leave pending a medical evaluation" WITHOUT pay from my day job. I've been cutting bad for the past couple of weeks and someone asked me about the bandages on my arms and I gave a quick reply that it was an accident. so this busybody snitch gets the bright idea to tell administration that they think I'm a cutter and need help. so now I have to rely on my part-time evening janitor job to pay the bills. I have an "official medical evaluation" scheduled for next week, then it's a long drawn out process of meetings and red tape...and then MAYBE I'll get my job back?! I think my privacy rights have been grossly violated. I'm so fucking full of rage and malice right now.

2. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

That sucks man. I hate when idiotic twat faced morons try to "help", thinking that they're doing something good for you and only end up making your situation even worse. What was this ass thinking? How is getting someone put on leave without pay exactly helping the situation? I wish some people would just take the time and think about what effects their dumbass actions would have on people before going through with them. And FYI to those thinking of being a snitch, forcing people into help like this doesn't do jack unless that person actually WANTS help. Otherwise just leave them the hell alone.

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Can they do that?? I'd seek legal advice or are you in a union??

4. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

I would imagine that they can since it is a mental issue. I'm not saying that this guy is, but some suicidal people can also become homicidal in their feelings or thoughts and then it becomes an issue of safety for fellow employees. A mental evaluation to determine his/her safety around other people is perfectly within the rights of the company. Would you want to be responsible for someone killing a few of your employees when you knew that there was something you could have done early on about it? You'd probably have a lot of lawsuits on your hands too.

p.s; Yea, I think I just made myself look like a narrow minded fool in my firts post. Perhaps the guy who reported the OP was worried about the safety of himself and the people around him? People who are caught cutting are you usually considered highly mentally unstable and I'm sure this guy probably thought the OP was in range of snapping and killing a bunch of people or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

In response to the guy above me, not all cutters are suicidal, I know I'm not..And, in response to the first poster, I would be extremely pissed off. Are they even allowed to do that?

6. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Ah, I'm well aware of that. But most cutters are assumed to be suicidal and or mentally unstable, which seems to be the case here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.