Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Well, I managed to go two weeks without self harming. One day I decided to carve words into my leg and now I've cut my arm and leg. I'll NEVER beat this. I ALWAYS turn to self injury. It controls me. I guess I'll have to answer a lot of questions like ''Have you been cutting again?''. Great, just great.
  2. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

If people asking u about ur cutting makes u feel worse then do ur best to hide it from them. I kno most people here r going to disagree wit that but i kno the worst feeling is geting asked a million questions about something u dont want to even mention! Maybe just try and find one person who u can trust to talk to about it. weather it b a therapist, doctor, family member or even a close friend. I hope u do get past the self harming and realise that there r far better ways to get relif. exercise, listening to music, talking to a friend, reading a book, could b anything!
    Good luck!
  3. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i know what you mean. but it is possible to stop. i havent gone long enough to say that i have stopped, but i am on the fast track to being able to say that. find alternative ways to let out those emotions. if you have to, use a rubber band, and snap it across your skin. The feelings never die, you just have to be bigger than your feelings. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.