Cutting again *may trig*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by depressedGirl, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

I done months without cutting but then I got so stressed out I started doing it. It seems to be when I am feeling sad or stressed that I cut. My parents know I self harm. At first they thought I was suicidal (infact sometimes I am but back to topic) but then I explained I only do it because it makes me feel better. They now understand. However I still feel so alone. I know friends that do the same thing but I still feel so alone...

I just wondered if feeling this lonely is normal...

Thanks and sorry for bothering you...:sad:

2. Yes i feel the same sometimes and you shouldnt say sorry, your not bothering anybody, thats what this site is designed for =) . I self harm to and i feel alone coz atm its only me out of my friends who do it and they dont understand why and i dont know about you but i feel its very hard to explain why you did it again

Stay strong ok =)

3. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining.

4. It is indeed common for people to feel "alone". I am surrounded by friends and family and I tend to feel alone sometimes myself. Normal....? I'm not sure. But it doesent make you a freak. And you shouldn't isolate yourself because you feel different than others around you. Maybe you should tell your friends exactly how you feel. It is likely that they will listen and be supportive - regardless if they understand or not. Or surround yourself with people that care for you as much as you can if it's to hard too explain. People here are always avaible to talk to if you need to just let it all out or rant to when you are feeling alone. Don't forget that.

5. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I have many people that support me and I know how many people on here do it but I also feel very alone.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun,

You're not bothering anyone.I'm sorry you felt the need to cut again. Have you been feeling low recently,any idea what has triggered this? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.