Cutting again.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Doug1027, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

So I'm thinking about cutting again. It's been about a year and I can't stand it again. I think it will help, but it's a short term solution. I don't know what else to do. Mostly I am just lonely and I don't know how to deal with it. I've been suicidal for many years now and it doesn't get any better with time, only worse.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hi Doug,

I'm sorry to hear you are cutting again. Has anything happened to trigger it?

The only thinkg cutting may do is help release the overwhelming feelings, it won't actually change any of the painful situations you are going through at the moment.

I hear that you're lonely. Do you have friends? Family? Do you have any hobbies?

Do you have any professional support at all?
  3. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

No not especially. It bother me the most when I attempt to socialize with others, it reminds me just how lonely I am. Is the right thing to do just to isolate myself and be alone? No I don't think so, It only makes it worse. I have a few friends and some family, but no one I could talk to, no one I would feel comfortable or who I think would understand.

I have no professional support, no insurance or money to seek professional support. I do have a razor blade though and it seems like a good short term solution, It has helped tremendously in the past, I just with I knew why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.