cutting and burning

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by shuddertothink, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuddertothink

shuddertothink Well-Known Member

I slice myself up regularly, been doing it since i was a child. I went through a burning phase in my teens, and i thought i was over it, but recently i've started doing it again. Putting cigarettes out on my skin. I'm all scared up, but i just can't make myself stop. Dunno what i can do out it. I've done the hospital thing numerous times, but it never did any good. so i just dunno

2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Unfortunately when we learn a bad coping strategy, stress and/or depression will bring up the cutting and burning again. I spent my teenage and early adult years cutting and burning. A few years ago, after not doing it for 26 years, I began the burning again. Trying to recover from this is very difficult and will not truly go away. With determination you can finally beat it. The first step is wanting to beat it. After a relapse of four years, I think I have stopped the burning again hopefully for good.
    Good Luck

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think if you could get a psychologist that would help your learn better coping skills that would help you with your distorted thoughts You need professional help to heal the pain inside okay. I hope you can start by doing one kind thing for you today okay be kind and compassionate to you You do not deserve anymore pain only kindness.

4. shuddertothink

i'm really trying, but i just don't know. Been doing this shit since i was 5 years old, and still doing it 25 years later. I am beginning to wonder if anything could help me.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is good you are trying hun please keep trying use an ice cube on your skin it hurts but does not leave a scar. Please you do not have to harm yourself anymore ok please do something KIND for you each time you want to cut or burn do something KIND okay the opposite it will work.

6. shuddertothink

i'll try anything at this point.

7. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Hon you never should give up. One thing you may want to do is to visit either Wild Cherries other forum Scar Tissue http://www.scar-tissue.net/forum/ or BUS http://buslist.org/phpBB/index.php. They are both good forums for talking about self harm (injury). I have used both in the past. Younger people tend to dominate these sites, but I still found them helpful.

8. shuddertothink

ok i'll give them a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.