Cutting finger tips. *Trigger warning*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dnE ehT, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

I've been using an X-acto knife for a while now to cut the tips of my fingers (on the top part on the side by the nails).

Because this is a sensitive area, it causes a decent amount of pain without requiring much damage, and it doesn't seem to leave scares.

The reason for posting this is, I want to know if this is a good substitue for cutting where it'll leave scares, and I would like to know what other people who self harm think of this method. I'm well aware of the rubber band method, but I NEED to see blood along with the pain.

I'm not encouraging self harm, and I'm sorry if this thread is against the rules.

I'm new here and have joined because this looks like a good site to talk about these "things".

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  2. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Re: Cutting finger tips.

You might want to next time let everyone know this is triggering. Just in case, ya know?
    Anything under the subject of self harm can't subsitute one another. Its harming your body and its all bad. Promise.

I made a promise thread on the Self Harm section, if you need help quitting..just promise SF you wont do it for 24 hrs..it sometimes works.

Please take care of yourself,
    Shelbi

3. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

Sorry. I forgot to do that.

Anyways, I don't view it as a real problem because it's only something I do once or twice a week-maybe 1 very minor cut.

The only real problem occurs when I react bad to my ambien. One time I went into what you might consider a mild high, and nearly sliced the tip of my finger off I was so numb and disoriented. Luckily I stopped after only a small amount of flesh was gone. I woke up in the middle of the night and freaked.

That won't be happening again.:biggrin:
    I just wanted to see what others had to say.

I'll try to find another outlet, but I view this as more of a hobby then an addiction.

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Lots of people say that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.