Cutting is my friend.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by emack54, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emack54

emack54 Well-Known Member

I feel that cutting and drinking are the only two friends that I have left in the world. I feel better when I cut and when I drink. I feel the weights that I carry on my back are gone at least for a little while. My family freaks when I do either, but what else do I know. I am cutting almost everyday now just to let that feeling go for a short while. When I dont cut I drink until oblivion. I dont know..

2. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Emack - you need to find other things to keep yourself occupied. Are there any sports you enjoy? Video games? Hobbies? Friends or family you can visit? Try some new things - you never know what you might stumble across! :smile:

Hang in there!

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Do you ever talk to the booze or your scars or however you see them as friends.
    Talk to them. Let them know that you've really appreciated them being there for you. Let them know that maybe you're not ready for them to go yet, but that you might be ready to move on soon.
    :heart:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I just want to say I can relate to what you're saying, I wrote a poem about this a while ago actually. There are some threads at the top of this forum that may be of help to you. If you wanna talk anytime feel free to PM me. :hug: I can be a friend. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.