Cutting my wrists

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cherub, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherub

cherub Member

I have this obsession when I feel depressed to cut my wrists though blood scares me and the sight of it can make me pass out. Today I cut my left wrist on the surface I want to complete the job so I might feel some relief of the pain. but it doesn't work. When I feel better these emotions just go away, I am afraid of death and I know its not gonna kill me but I want to bring some relief from the experience.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can imagine that your stuck in the middle sometimes. You want the relief but your emotions go away, etc.
    Have you tried not to cut when your depressed.
  3. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

maybe you can think of something else to distract you?
    maybe a book or computer game?
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there anything that distracts you when you feel like cutting? Watching TV, playing a game, talking to people? Even exercising, going for a run.
  5. cherub

cherub Member

In early stages of depression I do some activities such as u mentioned above but when it reaches to this level its hard for normal things to distract me... I would say sometimes I use promiscuous sex to get rid of that but its really for a small while and then the feeling is back.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Have you talked to anyone about how you feel? Like a close friend or even a therapist? Someone that could be there for you when things get really bad.
  7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

If the sight of blood scares you, then please stop now, before it gets too late. Wrist cutting is very very dangerous. There's loads of important stuff that you could hit by accident, by going too deep: arteries, tendons, nerves, veins. You really don't want to get addicted to cutting, believe me.

What I've found is that when I really want to cut, I'll force myself to hang around other people. Because, when I do that, I'm much less likely to go away for a while and cut myself. Or, if that fails, I'll go for a walk or a run or something like that, something that makes me tired, so I don't think about it as much.

I hope things look up for you... right now, it sounds like 'here' for you isn't a nice place to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.