Cutting out of anger

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Toki Wartooth Lover, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

Fucking I try to help someone and I screw up. My friend cut herself for the first time and I tried to tell her that it wasn't worth it. She did it anyways. I can't stand this anymore. I can't help anyone no matter how hard I fucking try. I can't help anyone anymore. I have no idea what to do now. I cried all last night because I didn't know if she was ok or not. She didn't come to school either. So I got worried. Turns out that she just decided to stay home without telling me. I got so worked up out of nothing. All because of some stupid indecent with some greasy kid at our school. I tried to tell her. But fucking didn't listen. I find that out a lot. No forget it, I'm not giving advice or helping people anymore.

I cut myself because of all this crap. I can't handle this anymore.

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry to hear your plight. There is no need to cut yourself over something your friend did. You both have your own lives. Just breathe.

3. Toki Wartooth Lover

It just that I'm tired of not being heard. It's like I'm invisible.. like someone ripped out my vocal chords.. I'm never heard.. That's mostly the reason why

4. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

That's how I felt in a situation. *hugs* Hang in there. I'll always be here whether you cut or not. I know it hurts, but you should try to be there and think of the other person's pain more than yours so you don't get hurt as much, and so you feel good about helping them, and they let you know you are doin' a good job :hugtackles:

5. Toki Wartooth Lover

Thanks. see though, I've always put my friends above myself and just recently that has turned against me.

6. DrivEthermissIon

1. It always does with someone, but remember they are stuck in a world of hurt, and hurt people hurt people.

2. If you keep showing compassion to others, you will become more beautiful inside. There are plenty of people who need your compassion if your friend doesn't, but I'm assuming your friend still has a place in their heart for you.

3. Put yourself in the other person's shoes, what do you think they are going through? Would it affect their behaviour towards others, including their friends?

7. DrivEthermissIon

Just in case you think so, I wasn't yelling at you XD, I just love being organised and good English. :hugtackles:

8. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

I cut when i don't have words too. And I cut when i have words but noone i think who will listen to them. I guess the nature of advice is that you give it but the other person doesn't neccessarily have to listen to it or act on it. (btw have had many situations re: depressed friend and lack of advice following and yep it is irritating and frustrating to hell!). But that doesn't mean they've not heard you, it more likely means that they aren't yet able to act upon the advice...most probably because they're wrapped up in their own pain. However, that is almost beside the point as we can't change how other people act towards us and i hear how invisible you feel and that really is the key issue. I think that is an incrediably important factor to have realised, it takes a lot of insight to be able to translate a SH urge/act into what it really means. I guess now you need to find a way to feel as though you are being heard. I hope you have a therapist because i think your insight will mean you can make really positive changes. I wish i could offer some advice re: getting your feeling heard, but this is a key issue i'm working on too. But I hope that in time you are able to feel heard without needing to cut. take care. ps - apologies if this made no sense its quite late and my head is buzzing!

9. Toki Wartooth Lover

Lol, I know =P

No no, it made sense. I don't have a therapist. I honestly can't talk to strangers face to face. I don't know what I should do though, I mean, I don't want her to end up killing herself, but at the same time I don't want her to think that I'm too controlling..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.