Cutting People Out

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Looking For A Reason, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have "friends" who have no interest in speaking with me about my troubles yet I'm always there for them in their time of need. I don't exactly want to cut them out of my life but our relationship seems sort of one sided and that hurts me. I decided today that I didn't want to talk to them anymore and it felt freeing and good for a while. However I feel bad because I wouldn't want someone to cut me out and I feel I should help them.

Am I wrong in cutting these people out of my life?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, you aren't wrong at all for doing that. I hate people like that, and I know too many of them, which is why I don't have many friends left. They wanted all the help they could get, but when I was at my lowest, they turned their backs on me. I have an overwhelming need to help people as well, but sometimes it's just necessary to put your own needs first. It's not wrong at all to want friends who put just as much into the friendship as you do.

3. Thanks witty, I feel like I may be struggling with letting people go like this for a while but I suppose it is for the best. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.