Cutting urge...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by namine, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namine

namine Member

I started cutting a little over a year ago. I don't do deep cuts that make myself bleed for hours or anything super intense. I simply use a shaving razor and use it against my stomach. I cut vertically (up and down) with the razor and usually just do a bunch of small cuts. I feel like it's not a big deal because it's only small cuts. Anyways, last school year (Sophomore in hs) I had friends turn me into the counselors office multiple times for depression, suicidal thoughts, and self harm. I've always lied my way out of it, even when my parents were called. When summer came, things got better. Now I'm a Junior in high school and I'm stressed again with school and other person things. It's not a super big deal, my life isn't horrible. I feel bad and feel selfish for feeling bad in the first place. I use to tell my friends when I was going to cut and stuff. I honestly liked the attention a bit, because that's when they would show they care the most. Now I don't bother telling them. I don't want to risk getting turned in to an adult again. I haven't cut in like a month or so, but right now I have the urge to really badly. I'm sorry for making this such a long post, but I just wanted to vent a bit. I'm not sure what to do. Most likely, I'll just cut. I just thought I might as well post this just for the heck of it.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about cutting but i hope you can resist the urge this time..well done for going a month without doing it
    maybe it's time to tell your parents, or an adult, school counselor or doctor how you're really feeling and let someone help you..
    you deserve to be happy
  3. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

i know how it feels, to have the urge to cut but trying to resist.
    cutting can turn into a serious thing so i advise you to stop while you can. it only gets worse from there. i started cutting when i was in 6th grade, and now i'm a junior. i've gone a few months without cutting, but only because i have a very supportive boyfriend.
    when i started cutting, it was only a small cut here and there. not deep but enough to bleed a little bit. as the years went by, the cuts got deeper. two years ago i slit my wrist because i needed more pain than a little scratch. ever since then the cuts have been deeper, and i have scars all over me.
    i really don't want you to end up like me, so please resist the urge. the first urge is the worse, but it will dull with time. just distract yourself and do something you enjoy doing.
    i hope this helped a little.
    lots of love.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.