Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Steel Tears, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel Tears

Steel Tears Member

Ok, i am thinking about starting up "Cutting" Sorta

I did it one or twice before, and i thought it was stupid, but now.. I am not so sure..

Pain seems to be the only way i can get any kind of comfort. Is this wrong?
  2. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

Cutting isn't wrong. It's simply societally unacceptable.
    Does this mean I'm telling you to start? No. If you can, avoid it, because a lot of annoyances come along with it.
    Loss of friends (although if they leave you, because of cutting, they're probably not even worth it)
    Blah, blah, blah

Why don't you try snapping a rubber band hard against your wrist?
    Holding ice in your hand really hard for awhile? I heard the cold hurts.
    Exercising? Lactic acid build up can cause some amount of pain.

Help me think of ideas, people!
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I couldn't agree more, well said.

You may want to turn to self harm to help stop your pain but it's only a temporary release and really doesn't solve anything, it only causes a new problem. Instead, I suggest you try tackling your problems and whatever is making you feel like cutting. LaLaLullaby gave some good alternatives to self harm, you may also find this thread helpful: Click.
  4. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

All I can say is don't start cutting every time you go out you have to wear long sleeves and your constantly checking to make sure the cuts are covered so you never feel comfortable. Elastics bands and ice are good alternatives, I recommend you use these if you do feel you have to hurt yourself but its better to try and not hurt yourself at all. Every time you feel like hurting yourself try distracting yourself, maybe come an post on this forum.
  5. Edicius si Evol

Edicius si Evol Well-Known Member

Well, I used to cut myself quite a lot and I am still kinda self-harm queen ( I am not cutting anymore though).

And when there is one thing I learnt then it's the following:

"When you are hurting yourself you hurt the ones that love you far more".

After being able to hide my scars for week under long sleeves my grandmother once discovered the scars in the morning while we were having breakfast.

I was sitting there in my PJ that was quite baggy so even though the sleeves were long they were hanging down when I was lifting my arm.

Then my mom saw ended in my mom crying and crying and crying and being hurt and did my grandmother.

I realised I was hurting them far more than actually myself...and that's what like RLY hurt me.

I don't cut myself anymore because I don't want to hurt the people that love me...seeing those people hurt would hurt me inside far more than any cutting would ever do.
  6. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Just be careful with those alternate methods--I'm continuously stressing that they can be just as harmful as cutting yourself if you take it to the extreme. Don't expect them to be perfect, because if you lose control you can hurt yourself just as easily.
  7. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

Try biting yourself...thats what i do now...its easyer...lalalalala dont do pain killers though...there BAD for you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.