Cutting...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by queenofhearts88, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't actually cut yet but I've attempted. I tried with scissors last year and then I got caught and havent tried it since...until today. I was really depressed earlier and I took one of my keys and just started trying to break the skin. I never succeeded. I wrote something though after I stopped trying. It disturbs me a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives to cutting? I would be grateful.

2. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Drawing on your wrist with red pen sometimes helps. Otherwise, if you just want distractions, there are plenty of things you can find on the internet, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them...er... PM me.

3. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Avoid the red pen thing because you'll just end up breaking your skin and getting some type of ink poison or something. My favorite thing to do to avoid it is squeeze ice cubes. However, please take my advice and never start cutting. When I first started I didn't break the skin either but as my depression grew I started cutting deeper and deeper.

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

hi,
    best advice is-DONT DO IT-and i know its so much easier said than done.
    u think u can do it once and then stop and things will be fine..but u wont be able to stop, and things wont be fine.
    try wearing an elastic band and plucking it whenever u feel like doing something..that helps.
    also been told that holding ice cubes works. call a friend, do something u enjoy. anything
    and ifu ever need someone to talk to PM me
    xx

5. cthulhu

cthulhu Well-Known Member

i never was a cuter, i prefer blunt trama and burns my self, till last year i never cut befor...then i desided i would try it in a psycotic episode...i cut a furow ro gash if you will 3 inches long and 2 deep ion my left for arm...i have permantnet ligament dmg from the sacrtisue growth on the ligament and reseved 10 stiches i think...kinda fuzzy, lost a lot of blodod and was kinda blacked out...dont cut...for any resone...what so ever...at any time...never...ever...do it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.