cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ayuria, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayuria

Ayuria Member

I keep cutting my arms with a razor blade.

I work in a professional corporate job; its heading into summer and I will have to keep wearing long sleeves.

People would freak out if they say it; it looks so awful and there are so many of them; but I also love the way it looks and feels and the distraction it provides.

I dont know how to stop, but I don't really want to either.

Am I just too messed up?

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

No, but you need to try and stop but I guess you know that. The first thing is to really want to stop. Not sure how you achieve that though.

How do you feel when you are cutting?

3. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. I cut my legs multiple times a day and I hate to say I'm in love with the feeling. Sometimes drawing distracts me, do you have a distraction?

For the scars try rubbing vitamin e and then silicon pads on them. Then use make up. That helped me. I hope you one day have the power to stop, might sound hypocritical from me but I mean it. :hug:

4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Like Windlepoons said, you really have to want for yourself before you will be able to actually stop.

What really helped for me was to listen to music when I got bad urges. The music would take my mind off of it enough for me to not do it. Also, just try to get away from anything yuou use to hurt yourself. Take a walk or focus on work.

Something I did with my friend was I drew on his arm so he couldn't cut there. This probably won't work for you since you have a job, but I thought I would throw it out there!

The most important thing is to be determined, and to keep your mind on the goal of becoming SH free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.