Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Joshy, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

I'm leaving this forum. I don't like forums when there is always 1 person who will not understand me or even give me a chance.
    The person I'm talking I'd rather keep private considering I don't want any shit started after I leave. I'm posting in this forum because I AM feeling some suicidal feelings. More like I feel hopeless, fucked-up, and a waste of matter in space. I'd ask to talk to someone but quite frankly the fucking user banned me from the chat for discussing my hemophobia and blood in the main chat. Even when I stopped talking about it, the user was too slow, kicked me twice immediately, then banned me from the chat.

But past that, I feel like leaving anyway...

I tend to have no use in social websites, if I don't even have an enthusiastic sense to look for help. Even if I want help. I won't get help. Every time I even talk, I fuck up everything apparently. :/

So I'm leaving SF. Good bye.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you had issues with a user in chat. I've never used the chat myself, so I'd have no idea what goes on there or why you were banned. I don't think you should leave though - try talking to the administration staff first about your problem. I don't think most of them are on at this hour, so you may have to wait to get ahold of them. But you could always leave a post in the Letters to the Management section - hopefully they'll be able to sort out the issue and you won't have to leave. People who are suicidal should feel comfortable coming here and seeking help with their problems... though there are rules against discussing certain things (not sure if hemophobia is one of them, I kind of doubt it though, unless it was a trigger for somebody). You definitely do not want to lash out at or target anyone in the public forum. That's the wrong way to go about solving the problem, and it's counterproductive to the site's purpose.
  3. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

Well I'm stuck now. Read the rules and apparently they don't delete accounts even if I ask to... Wtf... :/

I'm just going to slam the laptop against a wall, and walk the fuck away from everything and just listen to the same music on repeat until I fall asleep... Fucking blood testing tomorrow...
  4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah, they won't delete your account just in case you change your mind... because sometimes people have a bad day and say things that they later regret. Whether or not you do change your mind, you're always welcome to come back. I do think you should try to contact the staff to see if you can resolve the problem though. I know you're upset right now, and that's understandable. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If you're depressed and looking for support, this forum is one of the best that I've found in that regard.
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

A web site like this is only what you make of it. There are many different and unique people on here, as there are in real life as well. Some people will agree with you and some will not. Some people will give you good advice and some will give you bad advice. Some people will be kind, while others will be mean. Some times people will try to cheat you, and other times people will try to give you things you need with no expectation of anything in return. It is the same in real life as it is with cyber world - and this is because both worlds really are the same. What you need to do to survive these worlds is to learn to take from the good, and give back when you can, and reject and ignore what you feel is bad. Some comments and advice you receive here will be great, and some will be horrible. Ignore that which is horrible, or take from it only what you need.

Sometimes in online chats, people can be misunderstood. I would not take anything here too personally. Either ignore it and go back again, or use just this forum part of SF. If you know when the incident that you object to took place on chat, then contact the administration here and let them know so that they can go review logs and find out what was going on. If you are having suicidal thoughts, consider contacting a professional such as a doctor or a therapist. Websites like this are great because they allow you to interact with your peers (people who have or are experiencing similar issues first hand), but professional services are important in the overall solution also. Some doctors and therapists are great, while others may not be as good... again, everyone's just human and there is good and bad in every aspect of life. Find a good doctor or therapist, I know they are out there. Get involved in a peer support group that meets somewhere near where you live. Consult with family members or close friends. Use sites like this for anonymous interaction, advice, or just to blow off steam.

As LoneWolf has stated, this site seems to really be well put together and with some great people on it. Seek out those good people and ignore those who are not (or, more correctly, those who don't meet your own personal needs). There's value here, so don't dismiss the site too quickly. If, however, the site definitely does not work for you... then don't type the URL into your browser. There isn't really any difference in that and in cancelling an account. HOPEFULLY, THOUGH, you'll stick around. You've made some new friends just through this post thread already! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.