Cyberattack on Sony Smacks of False Flag

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Twocky61, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

CBS news aired an interview with former notorious computer hacker Hector Monsegur about the cyberattack on Sony's computers and email systems.

See: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sony-ha...ker-not-convinced-north-korea-is-responsible/ (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sony-hack-form...is-responsible/) .

This interview left me with a number of questions on my mind.

Mr. Monsegur stated that North Korea simply could not have conducted the cyberattack because of the insufficiency of its Internet infrastructure.

He also stated that no one could exfiltrate a terabyte of data over a short period of time. He said that it would take weeks, if not months, to do, and it probably could not happen undetected.

If North Korea doesn’t have the capability to do such a thing, and do it undetected, then who could? The United States government? One of many conspiracy theories floating about.

Mr. Monsegur speculates that it was a Sony insider who perpetrated the hack on Sony's computers and who then sold the data to someone who presumably passed it on to the media.

If this were, in fact, the case, don't you think that the F.B.I. could have tracked things down back to the original perpetrators by now? Of course, if the US government was the perp, then the F.B.I. would let things slide.

The next question on my mind is: why would the main stream media disseminate the contents of Sony's email? If it were known that the source was from an alleged hacking incident, then the media would be crazy to trust the admitted dishonest source, but they went with publicizing it all instead. One more thing: Sony is a media company. You'd think that other media companies would be in solidarity with a fellow media company and would respect Sony's privacy as they would be concerned about their own...

Who controls... who pulls the strings of the main stream media? Why, the main stream media is suspected to be government controlled media. If the government wants one media company to stomp on another media company, then this is exactly what will happen.

The government, per last report, wants to pin the blame for the cyberattack and its subsequent terror threats against theaters on the North Koreans who have issued a denal. If North Korea was behind the terror threat on theaters, then why in the world would they negate the force of that threat by denying things?

This whole episode smacks of a false flag attack.

2. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

He is right
    100 terabyte is impossible to download in a day ..
    the internet speed of North Korea is slow and has just one ISP, the country is very poor.
    Even if someone tries to download 100 tb at once .. network administrator will know it.

News Media, more or less works with government but that does not mean every new news has to be first accepted by government and than can published. News channels earn based on how many viewer they have (leaving RT, CNN, BBC, Press tv and Al Jazeera). Its all about Ads.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It's not impossible, but you'd have to have millions of computers in a dedicated 'bot-net'. Each computer would only have to download a gig of data or less.

This Hector Monsegur should know that. He's not really a computer hacker at all, if he doesn't know about bot-nets. Places like 4chan have the capability creating bot-nets.

Weeks or months become hours, depending on how much data is being downloaded.

4. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

I still stand with my IMPOSSIBLE statement

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

He may make a statement like that based on the average household in Korea connection speed but he has no more clue of what the Korean Government capabilities are on dedicated systems than he knows how many more pieces Korea needs to make a nuclear bomb. T o say any government or even decent sized company in the world is not capable of setting up an incredibly powerful computer array with fiber optics lines and huge capability satellite transmission speeds is simply ridiculous. The science and technology about computers and internet is not a huge secret. If Time Warner Cable can set up 50gb/sec transfers to every home in a city of a million, a government can set up a decent internet connection. Super computers and servers are not rare or impossible in any way to build or purchase.

The same questions about why would they or any media release that information apply to US government as to any other entity. Is a person talking because likes to hear themselves talk and lucky enough to have somebody stick a microphone in front of his face.

As Lightbeam mentioned, things like that are done often in coalition, and if he were a "hacker" , wouldn't he be better served to make look like it is difficult or impossible rather than point out how easy? Seems he also has something to gain by being less than completely honest.

6. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

yawns ! 2.5 Gbit/s entire country has..

the end ..
    no more reply from me on this topic

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The whole SONY reaction is pissing me off. To cave in and cancel the interview....

Whoever did the attack won. Its going to open floodgates and cause cyberbullying of all business.

8. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

That might create more jobs .. at least for people who are in security field

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Exactly DrownedFishOnFire; same as paying ransoms to kidnappers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.