Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twinkle ☆ Twinkle, Apr 4, 2012.

Have you ever engaged in cybersex?

1. No, and I never would.

2 vote(s)
  2. No, but I would with a loving partner.

2 vote(s)
  3. No, but I would with a stranger.

0 vote(s)
  4. Yes, with a stranger.

14 vote(s)
  5. Yes, with someone I was in a relationship with.

9 vote(s)
  6. No, and I'm not sure if I would do it.

4 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I'm doing a presentation on cybersex and it's a rather awkward topic, but it's become more and more relevant. I was just wondering what people think on the topic.

There's a growing number of cases of online sexual addiction, and things like sexting, or nude pictures being shared over social networking sites. Most information is about strangers hooking up with strangers, but some people think it's also relevant between couples already in relationships.

So my questions are:

Do you think that cybersex is normal?
    Is it the next sexual revolution?
    There is a lot of arguing about what cybersex even is, so how would you define it?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

To answer your questions...sure I think it's normal. It's good for people in long-distance relationships who probably don't get to see each other very often. As far as a new sexual revolution, I'm not sure, but it's probably becoming more commonplace as more people are connecting online. I would define it as...well it's sort of like phone sex but online. It's kind of hard to describe. Mostly it's like sex via text and picture format.
  3. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

It always seemed kinda pointless to me.
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

well I think that cyber sex is part of the new generations...and so I think it's normal, just like in everything there can be excess so I'm sure there are some that are addicted...
  5. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I think it is normal for sure. It is just a way for people to express sexuality. It can be a way to put out your sexual desires in a (relatively) safe environment. It is harder to feel rejected by people on the internet.
    As for a revolution, I don't know. You'd have to define what revolution means in this context. Sure, cybering is becoming a more common occurrence, but that is (in my opinion) because the people who grew up with the internet are, well, growing up.
    And I would define cyber sex as any form of roleplay or other communication over the internet that is based in a sexual scenario. So instant messaging, forums, webcams, photos, etc.