1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle. life is just a messed up game. I have a plan, i just want out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by miathermopolis, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miathermopolis

miathermopolis New Member

just tired of the cycle. tired of trying to gain new perspectives and move forward only to get knocked every step i take. noone seems to understand me, i guess thats why i tried this, to see if im not alone. but can someone tell me that there broke the cycle? can it be broken. right now im not seeing it.

2. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Hi @miathermopolis and welcome to SF

I can’t write much because I have to get going but you’ve come to a good spot. This forum is full of the most compassionate and insightful people.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, @miathermopolis - yes, the cycle of trying and feeling knocked down again can be broken! :) (I expect it happens a little differently for everyone. For me it was a gradual learning process. As much as I wanted a quick fix and a permanent sense that everything will be fine, I learned that there will always be ups and downs in life. I don't need to respond to every challenge and set back as if it's a crisis, unless it actually is a crisis. That's helped on a day-to-day basis.)

I'm sorry you're feeling low and knocked about. I'm sure if you continue to read some of the forums here, you will find that you are not alone. Many members have felt misunderstood, overlooked, sad, frustrated...I hope you continue to reach out here for support. Maybe if you feel like it, you could share more about what has been happening with you, so we might answer with more specific support.

Deety likes this.
  4. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Hey there
    Honestly when I was younger I was way more screwed up than I am now. Some years make a difference. Is that the case for everyone? nah. So it's a roll of the dice and how much work you put into recovering and stepping up your game on getting better. Some of it can just be AGE too though.
    I was a cutter, depressed as hell and Borderline as anything else. But these days (at 40) I'm pretty stable and normal if you don't count some raging codependency. I make it to work full time and I live my life. I'm productive, I've got a wife and kids and I do relatively well. Better than I ever thought it was gonna be. So, Mia, there's hope. There is hope for all of us - in our mental health, our relationships with others, finances, careers, school, whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here. Sometimes you gotta take baby steps.. just keep going.

Deety likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.