Cycle of me.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Krem, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

My depression causes lack of memory, reduces my social life, creates boredom and saps my motivation.
    My lack of motivation makes me bored, makes me sadder, decreases my social life, and causes me to eat, which further adds to my sadness and reduces my social life.
    My lack of social life leads depression, reduces my motivation, and causes me to eat due to the boredom.
    My lack of memory reduces my educational performance, which causes even more depression, hacks at my social life, and makes me bored.
    My boredom makes me eat, makes me further depressed, makes me resentful, which ruins my social life further.
    The resentment finally delivers the killing blow to my social life, which sinks my depression down even further than before, makes me bitter, and, according to wikipedia, becomes a barrier against other healthy relationships, lack of personal and emotional growth, difficulty in self-disclosure, trouble trusting others, loss of self-confidence, and overcompensation.

The future? It's as colourful as the moon, as comforting as an aroused hippopotamus, and as exciting as watching a turtle dry up and die.

..and so of course it's obvious how to fix this: just think positive! Right? :dry: (No, don't answer that.)

2. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I have memory problems, too. And motivational issues.

And I hate when people say, "think positive." About what?? Plah!

Don't give up, though. Moons are pretty, hippos are kind of interesting, and turtles have a sense of humor. So, maybe while you're watching them you can find some intriguing things in your life. I know you can.

I know this probably doesn't make any sense, but I wanted to let you know you aren't alone, especially in how you feel.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Gosh i don't know what to say other than i relate very much and wonder how to change this vicious cycle we are caught in..sorry I am stuck to but maybe somebody better will come along and post some idea we can both use... I guess it may help to remind you we deal with an illness that we can't completely control but I don't know that does not really change the facts only our perspective which gets tired of "just thinking positively" ya that is a joke for me too..
    I feel your pain I really do and wish I had more to offer you.

4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Hell, if we were able to think positive, we wouldn't be feeling like this, right?

"as comforting as an aroused hippopotamus,"

Lol! It's always good to have a sense of humor in times like these. :B

5. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

"It is the third-largest land mammal by weight (between 1½ and 3 tonnes), behind the white rhinoceros (1½ to 3½ tonnes) and both species of elephant (3 to 9 tonnes). Despite its stocky shape and short legs, it can easily outrun a human. Hippos have been clocked at 30 km/h (19 mph) over short distances. The hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive creatures in the world and is often regarded as the most ferocious animal in Africa.

Hippos are very aggressive towards humans and are often considered one of the most dangerous large animals in Africa.[51][52] In fact, hippos are known to attack humans and boats.[53]" Wikipedia.

"The late Steve Irwin, a man who used to tackle 12-foot crocodiles for fun and wave angry snakes filled with kill-you-before-your-next-heartbeat poison at a camera, considered a five-minute sequence where his camera team had to cross a river filled with hippos to be the single most dangerous moment ever filmed on his show.

The man who toyed with crocodiles, was scared shitless of hippos."
    Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_15853_6-cutest-animals-that-can-still-destroy-you.html#ixzz0tyQ4yK3D

"Like dinner at the Olive Garden, Hippos are disgusting. When the male hippo is pretty sure one of the ladies in his neck of the woods is ready to get down to business, he seduces her in a way that even the majority of Cracked staff have never engaged in, at least not more than once.

Like a sly poon hunter out at the bars, the hippo positions himself where his potential mate can see him. Then he shits himself. To be fair, he also pisses at the same time. Obviously that alone is hardly going to impress the discerning lady hippo (any jackass can shit himself), so to prove he's got the goods, the male will spin his tail like a shit-flinging propeller at the same time, spraying about stink and filth which will be, apparently, irresistible to some of the local women folk."
    Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_15926_the-15-most-bizarre-animal-mating-rituals.html#ixzz0tyQCvLhN

.. Is that why you'd like to watch them slowly die of dehydration?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Wow Krem that was amazingly well written....
    I can relate to all you said..
    I don't have any advice though...

that was interesting about the hippos......thanks