Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LastCrusade, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

Anyone ever tried cymbalta here? Nothing worked for me except Cymbalta. It practically knocked me off my feelings' of depression and made me feel normal. Kicked in less than 2 days. The boost was crazy although I had dry mouth syndrome.

Anyway, that was quite sometime ago when I thought drugs could solve my real life problems, well it did not but it sure did make me feel so much better. Anyone tried Cymbalta? Prothiaden, Effexor XR, and other powerful ADs didn't work a bit. Cymbalta did but i quickly weaned myself of it cos I didnt want to rely on ADs. Thought you guys might want to check it out.

Sure to kick-start your brains :smile:
  2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I was actually really surprised when I just logged on and the first thing I saw was this thread. Why was I surprised? well, 30 minutes ago the crisis team knocked on my door and handed me a bag containing Zopiclone 7.5 (sleeping tabs) and Duloxetine, my new antidepressants :)
    I am really happy to hear they worked for you, gives me great expectations lol
    I start them tomorrow morning so, I will give you my opinion of them in a few weeks time :)

Lea :hug:
  3. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I was tried on numerous medications before Cymbalta but Cymbalta is the one that worked for me too. :smile:
    Just to err on the side of caution, Cymbalta is not a wonder drug and different drugs work differently for different people.
  4. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I was on Cymbalta for a few months about a year ago and it had reverse effect on me. I felt like a zombie. It was worse than when I wasn't on anything. I glad it worked for you though :]

I was just put on Zoloft today. Has anyone been on it? My dad has been taking it for a few years but I was wondering if anyone else tried it?
    I'll let you all know what I think of it once it starts working :]
  5. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

zoloft is not as strong as cymbalta. if cymbalta made u feel like a zombie, then perhaps it's too strong for you and thats why they put you on zoloft. Zoloft is good for some people too.
  6. pandamonium

pandamonium Well-Known Member

Going on Cymbalta was the worst thing I ever did to myself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

An online friend of mine tried Cymbalta not too long ago. She was it off very soon because the doctors realized she was bipolar... It works great for depression in itself though according to her experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.