cynical shyness

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by booeyburgers, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booeyburgers

booeyburgers Active Member

Anyone heard on cynical shyness??

here is a link cynical shyness

i think this is my problem cuase i have most of the issues stated. when i was in school i wish i had a gun to shoot people and i threatened to do it (even when a cop was around)...

i'm going to tell the doc about it in the morning...

2. 89mike

89mike Active Member

Sounds like Social anxiety.

3. booeyburgers

booeyburgers Active Member

very similiar i believe but cynical shyness leads to extreme physical outbursts of aggression. I'm still reading both but i never considered social anxiety.

thanks for the info....

4. 89mike

89mike Active Member

Well I have had social anxiety for quite a while and everytime I heard about school shootings I could relate to them. Kind of pathetic how politicians blame computer games/music/films for school shootings when its actually due to the teenagers not fitting in and eventually kill the people who causes them all the pain.

The difference between the two is probably that if you're suffering under social anxiety you are more likely to commit suicide and blame yourself for your depression while cynical shy people blame their surroundings for their low feelings and thus don't only kill themselves but also other people. Which is what the diffinition states in a way.

5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

wow i just read the article and the author explained exactly what i feel when im at school alone...

i think im just starting to become cynically shy.. like i get thoughts of killing all the happy people around me.. but i havent reached the courage to do it.. but i really want to

at the moment i feel fine.. but i know for sure ill feel like shit tomorw at school, i just cant control my feeling

its relieiving to know someone else in the world understands me.. thank you so much.

6. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Interesting article. But it annoys me the way psychologists want to fix the cynical shy person by teaching him to interact. It's the ignorant, egotistical, judgemental, self important people who can't bring themselves to accepting someone different because of their expectations of what is normal (often fostered by watching TV/movies). IMHO, they're the ones that need fixing because they have no appreciation of what it means to be an individual human being.
    :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
  7. Anonymous Dude

Anonymous Dude Well-Known Member

describes me well.Today I was dreaming of killing everyone in the room, the pleasure I got from it surprised me, yet I don't feel I have it in me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.