Cynon Valley all-women shortlist backed by Carwyn Jones

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Completely unjust.

People should be chosen based upon merit, and if there are 2 or more candidates of equally good merit, the placement should be awarded to the 1st candidate to apply, ie, on a '1st come, 1st served' basis, regardless of race, gender, or any other identifier. If the best candidate for the job happens to be a one legged, black, transgender, jew (that ticks all the boxes, doesn't it?), or a white, straight, male, so be it...

I feel no affinity to the likes of Ian Duncan Smith and do not feel represented by him, despite our similarities of being white and male, and I don't see any good reason why a woman or non-white person would feel affinity to some1 based upon their gender or racial similarities either...

It's not fair on the individual running for a job to be discounted based upon his/her gender or race merely because other people who already have said job happen to share the same race or gender, it's not that individuals fault that he/she shares those qualities with other people that have the job, so he/she shouldn't be punished for it...

I'm not gonna bother replying to this thread, cause I'll probably just end up seething even more, so that's all I've got to say about that...
  2. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

Ah the joys of political correctness and reverse discrimination. Which as far as I am concerned is just as bad as racism. But politics is idiotic any way. A guy who is a failed journalist is busy running our economy, with no background at all in economics. HAHA too funny. If he were a woman it would still make no difference, it is still just as idiotic. Merit does not exist in politics, it is who you know and what influence you can wield. Ian Duncan Smith can only represent the psychopaths of the world. I wish Disability upon him, severe horrible agonizing disability, some kind of bowel rot where he tastes his own feces and is constantly told he is fit to work and gets to starve in destitution when he fails to get any. I may well believe in Karma or justice on that day. Sorry just mentioning Ian Duncan Smith fills me with such unbridled rage. If thoughts could kill... I will shut up.
  3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Ah Britain. The classic, "Lets combat sexism by using laws and regulations!"
    Dumb fucks. It's sincerly baffeling, yet painfully true that you guys are prepared to force an equality, versus actually seeing and appreciating it. Meh, it's one method. Most of this shit stems from core social structure, and old, old mentalities lingering about in high places of influence. So I can "understand" the approach, but it's horribly conflicting with the base premise. It just helps to be a pivot point for future sexism.
  4. CD110

CD110 Well-Known Member

This spits in the face of meritocracy and gender equality. It's straight-up discrimination, no different from if it were the other way 'round.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.