D day

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by mcviking, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

I know I have talked about this a few times and forgive me if it seems like gloating. The girl I like we have plans this weekend. I have been hanging out with her for about two months now and seeing her once or twice a week. This weekend is her birthday and she has agreed to go to a dinner and a movie with me. I still don't know if she sees me as just friends or not. She makes me smile every time I see her and I the same.

We haven't kissed or done anything like that yet. I am sure I have made it clear that I like her. But should I make a move? I don't want to be in the friends zone yet again. It will just crush me to hear those words yet again. I really like her. But I know she is out of my league. I know that she could probably have a much more handsome local boy friend. I am sure she has plenty of other guys that like her too.

She is always very kind to me. I made the dinner arrangements, bought the presents, and am trying everything I can to make her birthday special. Should I drop the question on this night? Do I just go for a kiss if the mood is right? (Not that I would know when that moment is as the only time I usually hook up with women is when under the influence) it would mean the world to me to know that she cares about me.

Its not like I am asking her to marry me or something but I want to know if there is something there, and if there isn' so I can stop wasting my time on some fairy tale in my head.

I don't know what I am asking, how do you figure out how to go to the next step? Does someone come out and say it first? everytime I have done that I just get the we are just friends line. I am tired of hearing that so much. I don't think my heart can take those words one more time.

2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

I know it's hard to know what to do, and when to do it. And she may just say, let's just be friends. And I know that must drive you crazy. But since it's been a week, I hoped things went OK and that you feel better than you did last week. Have you found the answers?

3. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

The dare was post poned language barrier we arrived at the wrong time. My feelings for her have only grown that much more. I am just going to make as much time together as possible. Then its bound to just happen if I play my hand right and just feel things out.

4. Fdt

Fdt Well-Known Member

In my (brief) experience, you just have to take what you want sometimes. I've only really been close to two girls, BOTH times I bottled it and decided to say nothing, because I was afraid of what answer would be returned, I missed my chance with both of them, only later to find out they both wanted me at the time, and were waiting on me to make a move asap.

Fortunately I'm now with one of them, but that's through fortune only, you might not be that lucky.

Go for it imo. Yes, you may get rejected, but surely you'd rather that sooner as opposed to later, before you fall any more for her?

As for what to do, that's harder. If you feel like the timing / surroundings are right, then maybe a kiss on the cheek and telling her she's gorgeous/beautiful/stunning, whatever your heart feels. It's less risky than a kiss on the lips, and even if she doesn't take to it, I'm sure you'll make her smile.

Goodluck!