Dad got me a bike?!!?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by KittyGirl, May 22, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Although I need to wait awhile to have my license reinstated; my dad made a deal with the owner of this bike and is doing some work this summer- in return for it.
    He used to ride a motorcycle before I was born and he liked it alot. I feel the same~ but I allowed the Ex to have our bike during the breakup because it reminded me too much of him... It will be nice to have something of my own.

I really wasn't expecting something that huge from my dad :eek:
    He really surprised me! < I think he's really looking forward to helping me with the rebuild that it needs. He really likes fixing things...

Anyways-! I has a bike! (that I cannot ride lol)
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

nice!!! I want one! I will probably get one when I get my license lol.
  3. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You have a cool dad I love biking and have two at the moment.
  4. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Yea, biking scares me. I have a need for speed, but I dunno if I want to be on a bike when that happens. Bicycles are okay though. :laugh:
  5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Awesome! I love that bike. I love the color (it looks like purple?). Happy riding! :)
  6. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Oh my lord :O looks so cool
  7. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

haha awesome, so can I ride it?
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Oh, you're so lucky! Instead of my dad buying me a motorbike, my dad received one and is making me jealous! Argh! (I'm about 3-4 thousand dollars short and can't work :( )
  9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Lucky girl!! :D
  10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Oh wow, jealous much! I'd love to have the freedom to go on a bike like that my dad would never allow it, its too dangerous.
  11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:yay: :stars:
  12. KittyGirl

Dad told me on the phone that it's black... but he's colourblind. lol XD it's clearly a purpley hue.

Thanks, everyone! XD
    I'll have to actually get the courage to go up north and visit him for a few weeks to fix it up before there will be any riding involved.
    I think I might go crazy; having to stay with him for that long, though...

...I love my dad, but he drives me insane with all of his 'years ago things were SO different' rants...
    -__- yes, dad. I get it. Things are expensive. lol
  13. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I grew up riding dirt bikes and owned two dual purpose motorcycles that I rode all over the northeastern United States from my early to late twenties. I would suggest you take a safety riding course in your area- motorcycling brings it's own unique vulnerabilities and necessary safety skills.

Please never ride without a helmet, even for a quick ride to the convenience store. I would also suggest that you invest in leather gloves and a leather jacket- not the Arnold Schwartzenegger "Terminator" type but the type that has spine support/protection, padding at the elbows and shoulders and most important zipper vents so you can wear it in very hot weather.

There are also motorcycle jackets made with abrasion resistant nylon (nothing compares to leather in abrasion resistance) that have excellent padding and are made with Gore-Tex for the inevitable times you will be caught in a heavy rain.

Congratulations! :) :)
  14. KittyGirl

bluegrey!! XD Thankyou! I totally didn't mention anything about safety or my own driving experience; and everything you said was totally true.
    To anyone else who is interested in getting a bike and riding at all-- look into safety!!
    My friend's dad was killed 3 years ago in a bike collision; so it's important to be cautious and smart on the road.

When I was younger; my grandparents actually entered me in several dirtbike races, so I've got a couple of suits and helmets- I also went through 3 months of safety and trick training << although I'm not interested in racing anymore- more cruising and that's it.

My mom's boyfriend used to own a custom bike shop, and he gave my ex and I some very nice high-quality riding jackets and gloves. I'll be using those mostly- since they are more normal looking than a racing suit- lol XD

Biking is fairly normal in my family... most of my family members ride from time to time and collect bikes.
    We're not really bikers... mostly just rednecks who like 'em!
  15. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

I fell off mine last summer and busted my knee :{ Low-speed accident.
  16. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

I don't have my license yet, even though I've had to road test paid for since last year:laugh:

I did the weekend long safety course though, and that's how I got my permit. I'm experienced now that I've been riding by myself for a while. I had a 3 hour trip on the highway on Sunday in wind and rain, and I almost hit a moose :censored:

Safety is a big thing. I just like cruising, going to places I wouldn't normally go in the car, because it's a lot cheaper to fill up my bike tank.
  17. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

Is this one like it?

If so there was only 20,000 of them made. That's definitely a keeper.