Dad is paranoid

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Angel12, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

My dad is upset that I told one of my neighbors that he was having surgery. Now he is paranoid that somebody is going to come after him. He keep asking me if I told private information about him to the neighbors and I keep saying no.

Should I go see a Doctor about my Dad mental health? I told him if you're that paranoid about people you need to get help. All the neighbor want to do was wish him luck on his surgery. Yet my dad is scare of him.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You do not look after your dad hun he does that he needs to reach out to his doctor if he is feeling fearful of others

3. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

My dad will not reach out to a Doctor. I am worry he is going to hurt himself or somebody else.

4. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Angel,
    Can any other family help you? You can visit your dad's Dr and discuss your worries, however it is better if you could go together and discuss the problem. Maybe your dad is just private and doesn't like neighbours/people knowing about him.
    If he is hurting you, please get help and leave so you are safe.
    Sorry you are going through this.
    Take care
    Kate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.