Dad threatening to kill me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel12

I am worry if I say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing my dad is going to either kill me or somebody in else in the process. A few days ago we got in a fight over the bathroom door I ask him "dude" what your problem with me? He called me a White punk warn me never to called him that again or he was going to teach me a lesson and make a man out of me.

I told my dad he has anger issues. He say he "is a violent man who lives in a violent world." I told him you never have kill anybody in your life before, he said how do you know?

Is my dad threatening me? If so what should I do? One of the things my Dad say to me before I move back in with him is...he a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

BornFree

Hi Angel12
I don't know how old you are or where you are, but my Dad threatened to kill me too when I was a teen. Is there anyone you can call like a Child line or help line or someone at school if you're at school or college? I wish in hindsight I had called a help line when he threatened me my life could have been so much better - I know its hard, but please keep safe and speak to someone and seriously think about finding somewhere safe to live if you ask a life line or your GP they will be able to advise you and tell you what you can do ok?
Please keep safe & think about yourself and your needs, your life can be so much happier knowing you don't feel threatened...
Take Care

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I don't think what he said was a direct threat to you, but it is certainly a comment to be worried about. If you are worried about your safety, call a childline helpline or speak to somebody at school if you feel your safety is at risk. You shouldn't have to live in fear, or live with arguing with your dad every day.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
No one should have to deal with that. As has been already said, if you do feel you are in danger, you must call someone you trust. Keep talking to us too xx

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
IF he is a ticking time bomb then someone needs to know about that before he harms himself or others Perhaps bring it up with a relative or someone at your school ok No one needs to live in fear h un Can you stay at a relatives or a friends place for awhile to give him some space

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
How old are you/ If you are above school age, then there are domestic abuse helplines out there you can call. Or call the police.

justMe7

Depends... how old are you and what is your relationship like? Don't feel you have to answer, but has your father ever physically hurt you before?

On the flip side... some guys talk to eachother like this to "help" them snap up because of the friction. But it's dangerous unless you truly trust the person and understand that they are purely pissed off at something in specific, and want you to re-gain charge of your life. Again though, I'm not suggesting this is what's happening. Strictly speaking it sounds dodgy, but you sorta need to fill in the realistic blanks here.

If you truly feel threatened you need to do something about it. If you are under 17 there are helplines that you can use to talk and plan something for yourself. If you are over 17, I believe there is support out there as it would be domestic abuse. It would be best to keep your distance and do your own thing if he's going to verbally treat you like this. That sort of talk is very deliciate and generally only "acceptable" between two very close friends or brothers imo. It all depends.. but in the end youre not a punching bag emotionally or physically. Even if it's an argument that's peaked to this, you have to be warey. Either you try to talk to him about what he's said(which only do if he's never threatend you before or hurt you) or you make plans to sort yourself out.
Just my opinion.

Angel12

For the most part no he hasn't physically hurt me. There are times when he tries to provoked me into a fight when I do get into a fight with me. He warn that I could get into trouble with the law. He keep the abuse to a verbal level because my dad knows he can get away with it.

I understand if my Dad is trying to help me but that is not okay to talk to people that way. I know if I say mean things to my Dad he wouldn't like it. When I confronted him about this. He will either denied it or say I am the one who attack him in the first place.

Angel12

I called the police many times in the past but they couldn't do anything because it's his house and rules. However my dad can call the police and have me remove from the house. He has threaten to call the police on me many times.

Regardless of who's house it is, unless he physically hurts you police are reluctant to get involved.

Sounds like he's manipulative, if others can readily believe him over you.

And also many parents consider it backchat, cheek or rudeness for their own children to point out their flaws. I know my mum doesn't like me doing that and I've been out of school 12 years.

Your best option is likely to be one where you do not live with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00