Dad wants me to live with my mother

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Angel12, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

I told my dad that once I finish CNA class I plan on getting a better job and finding my own place to live in. He say "okay" I am too old to be living with my with. Then I confronted him about he wants to me to live with my mother his response "That's different. Why would my Dad want to dump me on my mother? He knows my mother mental illness get worst everyday and my mother family do nothing about it. My mother is bipolar multiple personality and paranoid schizophrenia she hasn't taken her medication in years.

I try to tell my dad that there a good chance my mother can hurt herself or somebody else but he just write it off claiming that all in my head and I am being afraid of a women. He is not going to do anything about my mother mental condition because she is not his problem anymore.

2. SkyW

SkyW Well-Known Member

That must be extremely difficult for you to deal with... Being a young person, it must be tough to have all this pressure put on you..
    This might be something you'll need to talk to a professional about... Have you called a Crisis Line? If you decide to call, see if they know of any way that you can work this situation out... Perhaps there are professionals in your area that you can get in touch with who might be able to give you some advice to help you and your mother.

3. Down the Forth

Down the Forth New Member

I'm sorry you're in such a rough spot.

You have to look after your own physical safety, so I suggest you stay where you are. Your dad hasn't actually kicked you out.

As soon as you can afford to live on your own, do so. Until then, be practical and try to keep life calm. First, you don't want to be homeless. Second, I don't think you will improve your relationship with him by "confronting" him now: you cannot have an equal conversation with him while you are still living under his roof.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. I am so sorry this is what is going on for you. I think "Down the Earth" makes a lot of sense in what they said. but I do have a couple of questions for you. Are you in counslling? And if not, do you think you can find a counselor to help you? And if school is still in session, is there a school counselor you can talk with? Angel, I hope that you will keep posting at sf. Because you will get support here. And I hope you can get some support where you live. Because I do think this is too much to navagate without support from someone who can help irl. if you know what I mean. Here is a :hug: if you would like one. I do believe that because of all you have been through, I think that as you work through some of the pain etc that must be there considering the parents you describe, you will be able to use it as an asset as a nursing assistant. It make you more compassionate and wise toward the suffering. I am glad you are posting here. Keep doing that, if you can !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.