Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by scared!, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scared!

scared! New Member

My dads wife shot and killed herself a little over a week ago. Im scared for my dad hes taking it very very hard and im not sure how to help him!!!!
  2. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

Wow that's harsh. Sorry for your loss but it's great that you're caring and resourceful enough to find your way here to help him. What in particular has you scared?

Start by giving the dude a hug.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I think you should encourage your dad to see a counselor or a doctor. They can help him cope with this. :hug:
  4. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I agree with sweetheart - make sure you take it easy and slowly but it would be good to encourage him to see a counsellor...or at least talk to someone about it. He's probably got so many thoughts racing through his head right now that a good vent would do him the world of good. It takes time to get past such a huge loss but with support he will get there :smile:

Best wishes!

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Scared. Your Dad is going to need some kind of help to deal with this. Have you told him about this forum. Most of us here know all too well what drives people to commit. Maybe he could find some understanding by talking to people here. Best wishes.
  6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i feel so bad for ALL of you. how are you doing ? : ( poor you.

i just want to say, i care. i care what happens to all of you. i understand how your dad's wife felt. ...but i totally grieve with your dad b/c of what HE is going through. i wish she had found s.f. . it is helping me just hang on. . ..
    i am sending 'prayers' (am i 'allowed' to say that?) and i am just hoping everything works out. i care . . . .
  7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

rest in peace dead wife
  8. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Your dad is going to need your help and understanding. You need to be there for him. Let him know that you car about him and that you are here for him. He CAN get through this..and you can help.
  9. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Well certainly you play a big role in helping him get over it, though he may never, remind him of what he does still have, or what he can find anew.

Though, first things first - how is it making you feel? Are you alright? Was she a stepmother?
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Scarred,
    I agree with Sweetheart!! Your dad needs help he can't deal with this on his own!! Try and talk him into seeing his doctor and go with him!! He needs to talk and get it out in the open. The doctor will probably want him to see a shrink. Nothing imbarrasing about that. I would say it's a safe bet that all of us have/or are seeing one ourselves because alot of us deal with suicidal thoughts dailey.
    If you think he might harm himself then you need to get him to the emergency room and they will send in someone from mental health to talk with him. The only thing you can do is be there for him and watch for signs that he might harm himself. If you have to call the police and they will determin if he needs to be baker acted. I hope he finds peace!!! And look out for yourself also. It can creep upon you from out of nowhere. Take care!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.