• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Dad's birthday

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Would have been dad's birthday today :sad:
Stupid me went and bought a card.
Just seems so strange him not being here :sad:

Banned Member
It's not stupid. **gentle hug**

My father passed in 1996. I still buy him cards, and he was into lottery tickets...so i buy him a ticket, a card, write a note, and i stuff it in the hole under the vase on his grave.

I watch the tree that was planted near him, how it grows each year. I go and I talk to him. I cry. i yell. I apologize profusely to him.

It's not easy, hun. **hug**

Last edited by a moderator:

IV2010

No not stupid Terry.
the first year my Mum died I bought her a card and wrote on it..I still have it almost 8 years later
they will always be in our hearts *hug*

luka

i didnt have a father growing up and i was homeless, but my fallen mates in the army has always been in my mind, every anzac day my mates would go to the pub and buy a drink, we also buy a drink for our fallen comrades. its not stupid of you in any way, its just a way of you remembering your father, just as the same way i remember my mates

be happy with what you have, your father loved you and would wantyou to be happy :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$310.00
Goal
$255.00