Daily diary?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by woman, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woman

woman Guest

Hi everyone. I started with a new councelor and she recommends daily journaling. She said it can really help release the negitive feelings that I can't express verbally. I have had bad experiences in the past with others finding it and reading it (when I was young). How can I get over that fear now that I am 35? Does it sound babyish?
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Can you journal on your computer and password lock the file? Unless they know your password, no one can read what is there. It is in no way babyish to have that fear. There are thoughts that maybe no one should be aware of but you. If you choose to share them, it should be just that. A choice.
  3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Your fear is very natural and not at all babyish. One's private thoughts are nobody's business. You could keep your journal in digital form and protect it with passwords. For example you could write in notepad and then archive the file in a password protected rar-file. Or you could get some journaling software. Or just password your computer and log-out whenever you're not on it. Good luck!
  4. Guest999

Guest999 Guest

Far from babyish. I am older than you and my daughter in law has put her hand on mine which was hidden and read it throughly and shared its content with .......... hard feelings
    remain to this day. After this I used the Pc with password as suggested. Welll if you dont have a wizzard or nerdy about pc in the house it can work otherwise avoid. My husband overpass passwords and get his hands everywhere so unsafe for me to do diary on pc.

No need to say that diary is helpful but is can be a double sided knife.
  5. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i dont think it sounds babyish at all. in the past i have opened a livejournal at ww.livejournal.com - if you choose to make the journal private noone will be able to see it other that people you add (or dont add if you want noone to see) as friends. i did that for a while and noone found out, as long as you deleat your history noone will know.
  6. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

It's definitly not babyish.

And the journaling may be risky, but it's also very very good. It does work!!
    *I should know!*
  7. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Not at all babyish. I'm in my early 50's (gasp) and due to my mom and then my ex doing the same kind of thing, I still have trouble with trust in this issue. Here I've found the anonymity [sp] . I think the above suggestions are excellent. Good Luck
  8. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

Hey I just wanted to say that writing a journal is not babyish! Im 22, have kept a journal for 8 years. My mum found it once and read about how i self-harmed. I had issue for a while about writing it and still do, but could never give it up because it is such a powerful way of dealing with feelings. Like KittyD said, the above suggestions sound like a promising way of both being able to write a journal and keeping it private. Good luck hun, I wish you all the best xx
  9. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

It's not babyish at all hun.

I have a diary/journal, and its got all my deepest feelings in it, and I'm sooo protective of it. I still write in it, but I also vent here and I know no one from my family will see it here.

Maybe try an online diary, as it's easier to "protect"

10. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

it's not babyish, the fear. I do hope that helps you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.