Daily dilemma

To want to die but not want to die...every single day. This is not ‘life’.
Maybe my mood stabilizer will kick in and change things....though I know pills do not solve it.
giving this until Christmas then will go inpatient....will insist.
thanks for listening.....

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
So sorry that you are stuggling so much right now. I hope that the medications do help and also wondered do you have a therapist or can you talk to your gp about as perhaps they may need to be adjusted as sometimes it tkes time to find the right ones etc.

Sending you *hug

So sorry that you are stuggling so much right now. I hope that the medications do help and also wondered do you have a therapist or can you talk to your gp about as perhaps they may need to be adjusted as sometimes it tkes time to find the right ones etc.

Sending you *hug
hi...yes, I have a therapist and yes, I am on meds. it is taking way too long for me to get ‘right’ in my head. Meds have been adjusted a few times.....I will keep on plugging away at it. Thank you,

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
The adjustment for meds can be so frustrating I know...but so glad to hear that you are going to "keep on plugging away at it"...and that you have a therapist as well who can help you through this process. You clearly have an inner strength so hold tightly onto that. Hoping each day gets a bit better.

The impatience is killer. It really takes strength to have patience. But because you’re still here, it shows that you have that strength. You just have to continue to channel it because it’s definitely in you somewhere.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
In the OP's case, it's a matter of finding the right meds, as he/she stated. Whereas in my case, it was instead a matter of finding the right therapist. I had to try three of them before I finally found one with whom I had a rapport. I've had this therapist for many years, and he's very good, because he always knows the right things to say to me, which gives me the strength to keep enduring. I've noticed several posters on this forum who don't like their therapists at all, and it's that frustration which obviously keeps hurting them. That's why I strongly suggest that they try multiple different ones until they find one with whom they feel a rapport.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
To want to die but not want to die...every single day. This is not ‘life’.
Maybe my mood stabilizer will kick in and change things....though I know pills do not solve it.
giving this until Christmas then will go inpatient....will insist.
thanks for listening.....
My mood stabilizer helps me @Hopeiseverything. I notice when I dont take it, I react more. I hope it helps. And then you can start to heal.

I also was outpatient a couple of times, which helped but with the pandemic I dont know it that's offered. With that, you get meds adjusted, have workshops, then go home at 3pm.

Please keep us posted as to your progress. I noticed that once I found the right combination of medicine, my family benefitted verse years of being in my room. Please keep faith friend.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Like @Winslow said, if you have the good fortune of finding a therapist that you click with and medicine, that's a wonderful combination.
Well, actually for me now, I've been weaned off meds, so it's only cognitive-therapy which includes zen-meditation. Did you notice there is a difference of only one letter between medication and meditation?

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Well, actually for me now, I've been weaned off meds, so it's only cognitive-therapy which includes zen-meditation. Did you notice there is a difference of only one letter between medication and meditation?
That's very cool. A close friend wants me to stop medicine, but it's been so many years and the thought is very scary. I'm happy for you though @Winslow

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00