damn depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by October, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. October

October Member

I don't know if i should even post here.......my depression has become an entity unto itself.....the meds aren't working. If things don't get better..................

2. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

i know what its like to have meds not working mine don't and haven't for over a year just promise me you'll post in the suicide section of our forum for help before you do anything perminet.

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I've got a similar thing going with my meds. They were a bit of a last throw of the dice for me and don't seem to be helping at all. Feel like I'm just watching my depression take control of everything in my life. I'm just trying to get through things day at a time. There are some people here who are a great help though. Don't do anything that can't be changed without reaching out for help first. Best wishes.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey October,

Maybe you should see your doctor again and explain that your meds aren't working? :hug:

5. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

I'll say like daisychain. Talk to your doctor about this.

Maybe try to exercise a little bit would help you. Not necessarly a 50 km jog, just walking every day, something like that, just so your body continues to run.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey October,
    How long have you been on these meds? Some of them take up to six weeks before they start working. My doctor switched me to paxil at a low dose and it isn't helping. He will more than likely increase my dosage the next time I see him. They are running out of options on me because over the last fifteen years I have been on just about everything.
    The prosac he had me on worked for a while and then it quit helping. I don't know if it was the meds or because my daughter told me in a round about way that she doesn't love me. So I let that drag me down. Her and my grandaughter were the only thing keeping me from commiting for the last several years. So now I don't even have that anymore.
    I think I am going to ask him to put me back on effexor, it helped for a while and then they switched me to lithium and it didn't help at all. Don't give up talk to your doc and tell him everything that is going on with you. He might have to put you on a combo of meds like me. Most of my other meds work it's just the AD's that aren't working.Take Care!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.