damn hot summer weather!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Jul 9, 2007.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Anyone else suffering thru a nasty hot spell? I'm sitting in my den, at nite, the sun's gone down, and the temp in my room is 85 degrees!! Not much breeze stirring outside. I'm sweating just sitting here doing nothing. I HATE hot weather. I get sweaty and crabby and don't want anything or anyone touching me. For all that I don't like driving in the winter, I prefer cold weather as when it's cold you can put on lots of clothes and get warmer, whereas when it's unbearably hot you can remove all your clothes and still be hotter than a firecracker! In hot weather I have no appetite, no motivation, no energy. I hate heat!!:mad:

ok, done bitching now...
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't like the extreme heat either least. It has been 105 degrees outside making inside pretty warm too. The animals don't like it either. You took care of about everything I could say about the lovely heat, so I'll leave it at that.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hates it :mad: moving to Siberia
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hehe. I live in Texas and it gets up to 105 F in the Summer. I get in the car and 2 seconds later I look like a clown because my makeup is melted. Maybe I should take a Summer job doing kids' birthday parties :)
  5. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Yes i dislike this hot weather also..

right now , here in Tennessee it is 11:12 PM and my temprature on the thermoter says it is 82 degrees outside. i have a 5000 watt air conditioner that is running full blast in this little camper trailer i am in yet the temps on the air conditioner say it is 78 degrees inside this camper. I think my air conditioner is not too good a one yet i bought it about 6 months ago and it is new..

maybe it is the global warming or something , but to cool off i put cold water on my face and head and sometimes i will take a wash cloth and wet it real good with cold water then put it around my neck and sholuders. it will keep you cool, you just gotta go put more water on it when it dries but it works
  6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I cannot stand the hot weather either... and sadly we gets heaps of it. I hate it, the dogs hate it... everyone hates it lol. That's why I love the middle of the year here, because its actually GOOD weather! fill a plastic bottle with water (not right to the top tho.. leave some room) and stick it in the freezer overnight... they're awesome in the heat. ^^