Damn IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

How could she do this to me. Ok so yes, I am an alcoholic. But I suffer from a disease and she left me just the same. If I had a cancer she wouldnt have left. So much for those wedding vows. She doesnt understand, I havent lived since the day she left me. I cant live without her. I need her, the kids and my dog in my life, every day. EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!

Why didnt she offer an intervention? She told me recently she still loves me. Well people in love dont divorce. When there is a mental illness involved, people work together to resolve the issue.

Damn it.....why is she torturing me so? I want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that your in pain. Have you actually spoken to her about all this?

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yes. She says she just wants me to get well. However she is still divorcing me.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Has she dismissed the chance of both of you being together again in the future?

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Maybe you should ask her if she would be willing to go to marriage counseling? :hug:

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Pretty much. We had that talk too. She told me that sometimes when people divorce they get back together and sometimes they dont. She told me, she liked where I was (meaning sober and my apartment). But I took that to mean that she doesnt want to get back together.

7. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Have you thought of proposing a marriage councellor? At times it is best to separate and remain friends then wait and let things go out of hand. I agree that alcoolism is an illness and you realize being affected by this illness. Have you looked into getting help before she decide to file for divorce? Maybe this is her say of saying 'look after yourself' so out of love. Somtimes we have to hurt those we love in order for them to acknowledge a problem and in getting them the help they need. Try to save what can be saved, perhaps even your marriage by looking into options that will show that you are willing to 'heal' in order to heal what went damaged in your marriage.

good luck

may you find peace within
    granny

8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I asked her for that and she said no. She asked me for it while we were still together, but I was in the fog or haze of the disease and couldnt really comprehend the seriousness of it. I thought and told her that I felt we could work it out on our own. Now it is too late.

9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have been going to counciling from time to time, and I am in AA.

10. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

What do you call from time to time? May I ask how long as passed between your wife asking you to go for councelling and your refusal and her taking action in regard to the divorce? please do not see any harm in my asking as none is meant. :hug: