Damn work!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeisashedog, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

They haven't paid my paychecks for two months now!!!
  2. lifeisashedog

:bash: :bash: :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i know how that feels: i started my new job middle of february and i still haven't been paid. they say my back pay will go into my account this friday.... i sure hope so!
  4. lifeisashedog

Haven't been paid since middle of february???

Damn, I feel better already.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yeah, two departments are at war as to who signs off on my position (it's a new position)... so nobody will sign the "blue form" which is what has to be signed for me to get paid.... my boss lent me 500 euro last month so i've been stretching that as long as i can....
  6. lifeisashedog

One of my friends works in advertisement department at the radio and gets percents from every deal she makes. Unfortunately so far she only managed to make barter deals. So she has new furniture, cakes for three monts, free computer education... but no cash to pay the rent and buy cigarettes :sad:
  7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'd work for cake. i blame it on the zyprexa. LOL
  8. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised about this. The USA is not known for protecting workers very well (to put it mildly) but an employer who pulled something like this could and probably would get into a huge amount of trouble.

Of course, the way it works in the USA is that you get screwed by being classed falsely as an "independent contractor." Even companies as large as Micro$oft like to play that game. (Micro$oft's conduct was so egregious that they actually did get into trouble over this. If they'd been a bit more discreet about it they might not have.)
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm not in the USA, i'm in ireland.... but i'm sure there is some law that would cover me here.... i should look into it, thanks for giving me the idea. of course, part of me worries if i kick up more of a fuss then i won't ever get paid.... sigh.

cake, anyone?
  10. lifeisashedog

Today I went to work (in a printshop) and I saw office girls and secretaries helping in a production hall. Could there be a better sign that the whole company is going underwater???!:sad:

I just hope I will get my last paychecks.
  11. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Its only money...
  12. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

actually, it's my prescriptions, my doctor visits, my therapist, my light, heat and water, my rent, my transport and my food, even my internet connection.

i'm guessing someone else pays those things for you or you wouldn't say something so insulting as "it's only money".... . me, i'm self-reliant and i pay my own bills.

sorry for the bad mood, but i just found out that i will not be paid this week after all. if it isn't sorted by tuesday (monday being a holiday) i am quitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.