Damp patch on ceiling...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Sep 19, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

What a fucking joke.

There's supposed to be a surveyor coming out sometime soon - but it looks like there's an issue in the flat i'm in. This could seriously screw up any electrics - it has done before - which will royally screw me over for getting up for work. I kinda rely on having something telling me the time in my bedroom - with an alarm (be it alarm clock or phone) - both of which are electrically powered. :/

Not what I need when in a new job that requires lots of energy and leg work.

22nd of december last year (overnight into 23rd) - there was a damp issue leaking through the ceiling of where I live (from the flat above is the only explanation possible for where the issue was). It cut out electrics then - and after an hour it had dried sufficiently to restore power. The same thing happened the next day - but because the issue was coming from the flat above - between me, my mum and sister knocking and asking them to get a call placed - it took what seemed like forever until 11.30am on christmas eve - for the person living above us to do anything about it. That pissed my mum off as she was planning to not be in over christmas (spending it at my oldest brothers) - that it took that long for a simple call to be placed.

Now the issue looks like it's resurfacing and I'm slightly peeved that this is going to significantly impact on my influence at work. Rather than covering all the hours possible - I might have to go to the contracted 20 hours a week in order to ensure that I'm not late and just working evenings. That could have a severe negative impact on my potential income when I need to save for transport to a friends wedding, and get myself a decent pair of shoes.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Buy a battery powered alarm clock until the problem is fixed just in case it does mess up the electrics? Hope it gets fixed soon.
  3. meaningless-vessel

Adding to it - there's now drips coming through bathroom ceiling... via light fitting. So I don't think it'll be too long before it does have a power outage :/
  4. meaningless-vessel

Electrics have been disabled from the bathroom for the time being.

That's ok, but a scheduled appointment AT the convenience of her from the flat above, and she's not there/not responsive to someone from the housing association knocking. Now my mum and sister are livid, and I don't blame them. I really want to find some way of talking to her without being nasty, but as its not the first time in the last year, I daresay even I would be pretty annoyed.

I don't think the people from the housing association were best pleased either.