Day 2

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Hello, I just come from a severe attempt. I took so many pills and so strong that I was in coma for more than 30 hours. I lost more than one day of my life being unconscious. I barely remember some details from when I was about to wake up. I remember the nurse or the doctor calling me, asking if I knew where I was or if I could remember my name. Believe me, it was horrible trying to speak without being able to do it. I also remember the nurse slapping (gently of course) my face in order to help me wake up.
    Today is day second since my attempt. I am locked in a special unit at the hospital where we can't go out without a nurse, they check that I take my pills and take good care from the patients.
    A nurse told me it is a miracle that I am alive and with no consequences.
    I just wanted to share this because I want others to hear what I have been through and tell you not to attempt, find other ways please please to get help.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Pollo,

I have had a very similar experience, I remember feeling distraught that I was still alive and them asking me my name and what day is it was very degrading for me.
    I for one am glad you're still alive, thanks for sharing your experience and I hope it helped to share it.

Inmemoryofyou x

3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Are you on a medical ward or psychiatric ward?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.