Day 3 NO weed!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by doityourself, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Okay, here I am again trying to quit smoking, Im on day 3, got my prescription filled and started them today.

The geeking (as I call it) is still here, I need to find things to occupy myself.

Im going to do it this time, I can feel it. Ive smoked for almost 20 years this year and Im just tired of spending money on it, wasting my time on it, looking for it, its consumed so much of me that I want back.

I want to not rush home to smoke,

I never want to tell my kids, Ill be out in a minute,

I want to spend the money I spend on bills and things we want,

I never want to go to someones house that I dont know and buy drugs,

I want to wake up in the morning with the first thought being what do I want to do than thinking I need to smoke,

I dont want to pass up doing things with others because I need to smoke to function,

I dont want to hide anymore,

I dont want this addiction anymore holding itself over my head taunting me, Im stronger than it. I can do this, I have to do this for my own sanity and mental health.

I want to be free!!!!

2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i believe that you can do it diy!
    already got 3 days down. keep us up to date how its going :smile:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Way to go really that is a great thing you are doing. One day at a time right You got thru 3 days you can get thru 4 h ugs to you

4. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Good job! I haven't blazed in over a week.

5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

thats fantastic DIY you dont need the weed!youre a fantastic person just by being you,keep up the good work and soon three weeks will be 3 years xx

6. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

Congratulations so far doityourself! Just take it one day at a time...sometimes one hour at a time if need be. Keep up the good work!

7. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

well done hunni thats fantastic :hug:

8. doityourself

Thanks you guys, it means so much to see the support from all of you!!

Here I go with Day 4

9. total eclipse

And you will make it thru it go go go you can do this one day at a time yeh

10. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

:yay: :yay: :yay:
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Woo pee, we all believe in you, keep going :hug:

11. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

You're doing great, well done :)

12. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem! Keep up the good work ! =]

13. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

it's been five years for me now. everything you said in your 1st post was exactly what i wanted. i tried quitting quite a few times before i was successful. i had physical withdrawls. couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, was very irritable. it wasn't fun. the first week was the worst. after that it was mental withdrawls. the hardest part for me was everybody around me still smoked it. if you can avoid that crowd, it will become easier.

keep your eye on the prize...freedom.

14. doityourself

Thank you Timmy, alot of people says its in your mind and not physical but tell that to my stomach that hasnt eaten very little of anything in the last 3 days. Or to my body that twiches from nerves.

Im glad that you were able to quit,I hope you continue to stay drug free. I have actually deleted all the people I associated with smoking, problem is that leaves me no friends at all.

Now Im just trying to feel the void of it. I would spend hours a day on smoking, it became my best friend. Im working on becoming a better mom and wife to my family, hoping they will fill the loss that I feel.

15. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

i know, eh. that is the problem. when i quit i had no friends. and it did leave a large gap in my life. 5 years later i still haven't filled that gap. i work much longer hours since i quit. that does keep me busy, which helps me from relapsing. but i don't have the social aspect of smoking weed in my life, and i long for it. something does have to replace it. i just haven't figured out what that is. i hope you find it.

stay positive.

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

sorry if that doesn't sound very encouraging. i'm just trying to say quitting is just the first step to getting your life back.

17. doityourself

I tell ya going 4 days is huge for me, I cant tell you last time thats been, well atleast 6 years (when I was pregnant, couldnt wait though, as soon as he came out I was back). Your at 5 years thats a huge accomplishment, Im proud of you.

The social aspect is a downer but to tell ya Im not a real social person anyways so this just makes it worse, but Im longing to find something to replace it, to keep me occupied.

What kind of hobbies do you have. I cant wait until it gets warm thats a huge thing for me to be outdoors and in the sun. With this cold (IL) its just boring, nothing to do unless you like to drink, shop or eat.

I guess we just have to keep working at it.

18. total eclipse

Hey you another day of abstinence right each day it will get easier and new friends better ones will come with it. hugs.:hugtackles:

19. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

yes, we have to keep working at it. i still jones for it when i'm in a hopeless mood. i suppose it will be like that for the rest of my life. sorry to say, but this is a bigger undertaking then you first thought, probably. it's cold here to, and i'm not as busy with work in the winter, so i have more time to feel sorry for myself, which in not good. i don't drink, but i sure can eat...and do. a passionate hobby would help, but i don't have any. i also can't wait for this dreary weather to be over.

keep up the good work. i'm right there with you in your struggle.

20. doityourself

Thanks all, its so nice to have so much support. Im on day 5, and you know today hasnt been that bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.