Day one

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lanasummer, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

I have not been on this forum for a while and to be honest, I was trying to keep myself busy and try to stay as sane as possible.

It was my first week back to college and I was a wreck and ii had a lot of awkward moments. I'm hoping to be very activity in college this year so that I can at least make some friends.

Nothing much as happened in my life since the year started. I have gone out a couple of times but most of the time I am indoor watching movies.
    I signed up at my local gym but I only have went there once this month because I have that there were so much people in there.

Now its almost 1am and I feel like crying for no reason. Is that common?

I really want to go and see a therapist and just talk. I have so stuff that I feel that is building inside me and I feel that I am ready to tell and get help and some advice. My college has a Mental Health so I am thinking I could go to them.

Does anyone want to tell me about how their first therapist went? were you nervous? where you disappointed or impressed

Thank you xx

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi lana, in depressed people it's common to just cry either about everything that is going on or for no reason, over my years on this site I have seen it a lot.

As for how my therapy session went, I was very nervous but I went and it was a great success, I got to know her quite well and vice versa, i'm out of therapy now and deemed not at risk so all in all it was a superb experience. Some sessions more difficult than others but I knew she'd always pull me back to my comfort zone. I think it is a great idea to go to the mental health workers at your college, it could do the world of good. Best of luck :hug:

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Yes, it's quite common to be tearful when you are depressed, even if nothing in particular has set you off. Usually when you have a first session with a therapist they will undertake an assessment to see how best they can help you. It's very scary and daunting but after your first session you will feel so much better. Therapy does help but you also have to be prepared to put a lot of work in, and it's also important to be honest because your therapist can only work with what you tell them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.