days off, do they help?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by dreaminghome, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

When you're feeling down, does it help you to have a day or two off work? I always thought they helped but actually I don't really see any improvement. There's just a high the day before the off but then I feel just about the same. I don't think days off help me. Do they work for you?

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

No, I hate days off cause your all alone and you have too much time to stew over whats annoying you.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

No, my thoughts are my enemy.

Being around others buzzing about this and that all day dims the mind to a comfortably numb state where I needn't think about my problems.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I need days off. But not necessarily off work - just a day too myself. To pamper myself, fix my hair, paint my toenails weird colours, watch bad movies, eat junk food, sleep and sleep and sleep, laze about and veg in front of the tv, read, chat online etc.

Long as you keep yourself busy with relaxing they can be great, but days off just to think, know I agree... they can be too difficult.

5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I usually feel better when I'm at work, because then I don't have the time to think.

6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I Absolutely need my days off work and yet I get both sad and mad at myself because I feel like I wasted them because I don't much done. And I spend them alone. That's always the worst part.

7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only person who felt better at work so I'm a little relieved to find out I'm not.

For me, work gives me the opportunity to forget about things for a while. Outside of work I'm pretty much a recluse and my thoughts overwhelm me. Having said that, it's a fine line, if I push myself too hard I burn out & get signed off sick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.