DBT and how much it has helped and is helping me

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am one month into DBT of a year long research study. I am learning new skills every week. I have not cut in a good while or feel the need to, I have barely cried since it started. My family have commented on how well I am doing which is fantabulous :D I had a 2.5 hour session today and it went really well, I have an hours session tomorrow and I'm sure that will go great too. I am less anxious, less stressed and doing very well. I have been leaving the house every day (I broke my toe but still going out). Life is looking on the up side for a change and I love DBT :) Success!!
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so happy you're doing so well, and how good this is working for you hun!!

And now I am a lot less nervous about my first session on Wednesday!
    Petal likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you so much <3

It is natural to be nervous but just know you will be fine and all will go great! Let me know how it goes for you hun! You will learn so many skills and not feel the need to SH hopefully anymore!! Best of luck :)
    ThePhantomLady likes this.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's such great news! I was recommended to try DBT to deal with my emotions, maybe that will help me too :)
    Petal likes this.
  5. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

Yay! I just finished week 16. I do have to call and ask about things a lot haha.
    Petal likes this.
  6. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

DBT has some amazing stuff in it.

Some unsolicited advice: Consider taking some notes of the sessions... I know I have trouble remembering stuff (maybe you are better) so that gives me something to look back on a month, year, or whatever later.

Keep us posted... if your up for it I'd like to talk in detail about this some time. (in part because I need a memory refresher.)
    Petal likes this.