Dbt Call :(

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by absolution, Jun 21, 2010.

1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I just got a call from a lady that does adult DBT (Dialectal Behavioral Therapy). She wants to meet with me tomorrow and go over stuffs :unsure: Im kinda scared...I've done dbt before I just dont want to do it again because it didnt help the first 3 times i went...hmmm I just cant >.< Ugh
    Well i plan on going to this appointment to talk to her about (she is the woman that did it last time) and i guess ill see what happens...Plus i think she wants to be my individual therapist >.<
    ~sigh~

2. summerschild

summerschild Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you are getting help. I hope it works out this time for you. :hug:

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Meh i know it wont work...idk if i want to even go anymore :cry:

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You don't know it won't work. Especially if your reasoning is that it hasn't worked in the past. Your past is not a reflection of your future.

Try and be a little more open minded. It's not going to make things even worse then they already are. It is time to act Sam.

5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: mhm i know

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Well i got back from my intake appointment for the group. I met with the lady that runs it (she is also the lady that ran the teen one when i went). I told her everything and it felt good. She is really kind and will also be my individual therapist. Im kinda nervous still tho because she thinks i may have Borderline Personality Disorder :blink: Ive been reading about it and it kinda makes sense :mhmm: So idk..
    I like her alot tho...i told her i was worried about it and she told me she dont diagnose without talking in detail with the person so im not to scared...meh im rambling...just really excited and dont feel like a lost cause anymore :)

7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Great news Sam! I'm very proud of you.

Borderline pesonality is extremely complicated and hard to diagnose, it can also often be mistaken for something else and visa versa. So at this early stage don't put too much thought/energy into it. (I can link you to some articles if you are interested)

I also have many borderline traits however my diagnosis is still up in the air.

This is realy positive news. Well done :)

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

i have been reading some about it and man does it describe me :laugh: but yeah you could link some :D i would love to read it...and thanks bec you have done so much to get me to this point :wub: :hug: :cheekkiss:

9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Now the following articles are just for information only. I am in no way suggesting that you are being misdiagnosed or anything. Just demonstrating that borderline personality disorder is a controversial diagnosis.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1094244166893_89653366/?hub=TopStories

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...fresh-look-the-many-faces-borderline-disorder

I'll just leave it at that for now, but let me know if you'd like some more reading and i can provide some more links.

That might be getting a bit ahead of yourself though!

And it's my pleasure to support you. It's nice to see results to be honest. Not that i feel my time is ever wasted on talking to anyone here, but to see you moving forward, is very rewarding.

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:cheekkiss: :) and thanks for the reading bec :wub:

11. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

:) Sam I Have borderline Personality Disorder too!

We are twins! :O

12. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Sissy!! :stars: LMAO :wub:

13. ASkylitDrive

Oh SamSam. Want my new number? <3

14. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

i have your number sweetheart remember?? <3 <3 ill text you :)

15. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I know you guys are just having a bit of fun...but borderline personality disorder...i can not express enough the compleixities of it and it is by far one of the most stigmatised mental illness'.

Psychiatrists are even giving the label of PTSD due to this being a problem even among mental health professionals. A lot won't even work with BPD.

Anyway, sorry to get all serious on you. But i am just looking out for you both. I can look for some more literature relating to this if you'd like.

16. ASkylitDrive

My NEW number sam.
    Mom turned my phone off when I ran away.

17. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: Thanks bec
    Yeah i think we just see that we arnt alone maybe :unsure: LOL sorry im kinda confuse :wink: im not even sure i have it yet :unsure:

18. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:eek:hmy: yes pwease :D