dbt

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by silent_chaos, Jun 16, 2016.

1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

This shit isnt working out for me. They push, nag. and they explain it so many different ways that it actually confusses me. And when they pick on me I get so pissed it takes everything in me not to flip out cause I dont want to trigger someone. And im sure they can see some steam coming out my ears. but they still keep pushing. Last week they spent 15 minutes blabbing, even though I sat there shaking my head and agreeing. It makes me want to harm myself, in torturous ways. I wish it was 1 on 1. One facilitator yells out judgement when you say something judgemental in the middle of you're centance. A rude asshole.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Can you tell the facilitators that you do not like their approach? Or ask them to not be so confusing?

3. silent_chaos

They cant do anything about it cause thats how the group works. I went in this group with open arms. Cause I wanted to learn to change so badly. Stop self harm. Which o had for a couple of months prier to the group. Now it just makes me want to hurt myself. I feel like in falling behind. I under stand things at face value like ill use anger. I know what it is but when you gave to chain analysis on its and described why I feel in 3 different perspectives. Or degrees. And they show 10 examples worded different thats where I get confused. im supposed to know the acronyms by now and I only know 2

4. silent_chaos

It seems like there is a right or wrong answer wth them. But they push you to use full prospective. Today I didnt want to participate. And said I dont care right now. Well they did a chain analysis on that. That still made no scene to me. I seriously want to storm out or throw something at him.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Do they give you notes or a workbook? What about doing some studying on your own?

6. silent_chaos

Yea there is a binder full of stuff. There is nany different examples written in different ways that just makes it comfusing to me. Im completely oblivious when it comes to my feelings. Im very extreme. And when I try and participate. They will ask me can I reword this or that. And what they say is a judgement dosnt seem like a judgment to me. And saying the words im confused would be a judgment, how I dont know. Now if I would get it if I said im stupid cause im confused would be a judgment to me.